Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet (Can) Food

Wet (Can) Food

I've noticed since I give Cindy wet can food (she eats 3oz can in 2 days) along with dry that she pee's more than others that eat dry only. It's not accessive peeing.
    I'm wondering should the rest of my gang have a little wet food in their diet? Giving them more liquid then what they drink. Which would help us with not having future UTI's. Is this logical thought process?
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Yes, it sure is. Since Storm had his PU surgery and is much more prone to UTI's, I've decided to feed them dry and wet food mixed together. I also add a little bit of water to it so they get more moisture. Good luck.

My Finnigan had a UTI and blockage when he was just over a year old. The vet told me never to feed only dry food so he gets half and half now and hasn't been ill since. He's just over 12 years old and most of the time acts like a big kitten!

I'm going to start giving the rest some good wet stuff Hope they like the selections that Cindy has been eating. All should be easy on the tummys. I dont give "fish"flavor to Cindy it makes her to full of gas.
    Lamb/Rice
    Lamb/Chicken
    Chicken
    Chicken/Rice
    The above flavors are from PetSmarts brand "Authority" which is really good can food.

Rabbit/Rice (Natures Choice Brand)

Also I have Nutro Dry in a wet pouch.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

I give Tigris (who is prone to UTIs) wet food with a teaspoon full of water. He licks the water first before he eats the bits and it has greatly improved the size of his pee biscuits

All my gang make good size pee biscuts, they just need to do it more often.

Fister had UTI and was operated, so I know a bit about the problem. My vet says that what's important, is to give your cat food which only contain very little Magnesium, Calcium and Phosfor. Hills S/D will dissolve the crystals. Hills C/D is supposed to prevent them. So do look into that!

Of course, the more they drink, the better. Try putting a glass of water in a different place than next to the food bowl. That made Fister drink more. He has a glass in the corner of the bedroom. Also, after he got the drinkwell, his pee bisquits are bigger.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I had to take our gang off of Hills Science Diet Light after years of feeding it to them. Weight gain, tummy and potty issue on that stuff. It took bringing in Skinny 2 years ago to make us realize HSD wasnt good food. Over rated if you ask me.
    I switched to Nutro. Swear by this stuff. They act and look 150% better and are loosing weight. No tummy issues. Our vet was pleased with the difference in their skin/fur. We also have a drink well and 2 bowls of water sitting out for them.

Friday Evening...
    Eleanor loves wet food.
    Skinny wont touch it.
    Thumper wont touch it.
    Back to square one
    Last edited by Craftlady; 09-16-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Belle would probably starve herself to death if I didn't give her some wet food I give both a small spoonful of wet food twice a day - usually Friskies as that is their favorite. I actually feed them science diet, and have absolutely no problem with it. They used to be on max cat but we had too many potty problems there so I made the switch. Belle came to us very sick and almost didn't make it. I think some wet food is supposed to be good for them

I gave Thumper some wet food this a.m. by me feeding it to her. I didnt get any growls Actually some feel on the floor from my hand and I think she was eating it up. It's hard to focus human eyeballs at 5 a.m. LOL

Wet (can) food

Yes my girls get wet food in the mornings {which they know as breakfast} & then they have dry thru out the day & it seems to do well by them & I always watch to see if each is drinking enough water..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Both my girls get wet food for lunch. They share a little tin of 40 g Gourmet. They LOVE it!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Sunday Update...
    Cindy wants to eat everyones portion of wet.
    If I make it so Thumper can enjoy her food treat I have 3 felines sitting outside the closed door. Eventually Thumper will eat it but she just takes her good old sweet time getting around to even trying/eating it. It looks like for now I will have to give her bites.
    Always something LOL

Our precious little carnivores!

Hello everyone:

When it comes to general cat health, you might like to take a look at the Feline Future website - this is where much of the holistic veterinary community sends their clients for information on the best care and feeding of cats.

A cat is an obligate carnivore, and if you want some info on UTI and various other health issues, and how to make them disappear for good, please check it out - it is wonderful information!

Best wishes to All,
    Gayle

I split one can (normal size cat food can) among 5 cats. It amounts to about a tablespoon each. I do it as a treat and it 's something they look forward to. It also ads moisture to their diets for the ones that don't drink alot of water.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!