Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kaige ate rat poison EMERGENCY

Ditto Liz. I hope he is ok, any news yet?

My nephew dog died from this a few years ago....my sister in law didn't take him in, I found out later if they give vitamin K injections it can save them.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Originally posted by lizbud
    I realize that everyone's different but, if I knew my dog had
    gotten into rat poison, the last place I would come is to an
    internet board to ask for opinions.I would leave work faster
    than you can say "sick day" & get the dog to a Vet for a fast
    check up & treatment.

I sincerely hope Kaige is o.k.
    Believe me I would of just rushed him to the vet but I got him to vomit within 20 minutes, therefore it did not matter one bit if I got him to the vet right away or 24 hours later. As long as he vomited right away then he's ok for 24 hours. Vit K needs to start within 24 hours.

And with the problems of me being away from home (not near my reg. vet who I will NEVER go to again after what they told me today) and trying to find another vet in the area & hearing a bunch of different stories I figured it would be best to take a half hour or so & do some research so I could take him to the best vet I could find.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

How is he?? Edit: I just found your update thread.

Star ate fly poison a few years ago and it was the scariest thing EVER.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by CathyBogart
    How is he??

Star ate fly poison a few years ago and it was the scariest thing EVER.
    He's kind of okay, not out of the closet yet
    here's his update http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=88598
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I hope you've found a solution so far - We all know you're a good fur-mommy and will do what's best for Kaige. {{HUGS}} to you both.

Originally posted by Brody's Mum
    Not helpful
    Not surprising.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I hope your dog is ok. We stopped using Decon a while back when we found that the rats can track it all over the place. We have two garages that are next to each other but not attached, the Decon was in the garage and we found traces of Decon in the other garage. Scarey stopped using it right away.

My point is we now use this stuff called One Bite, you can buy it at feed stores and even Home Depot I think. It is a brink type poision, it can be attached to something so the rat cannot carry it off. We had a friend who's black lab accidently got into it and it didn't hurt him. Might be worth looking into.

Thanks kittycats_delight for the great signature.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I hope you've found a solution so far - We all know you're a good fur-mommy and will do what's best for Kaige. {{HUGS}} to you both.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Brody's Mum
    Not helpful

Not surprising.
    I suggest you rea\d the posts after that Kay,,, It wasnt meant to be helpful,, just in her face,, trying to jar her after all the other advice wasnt being heeded... Not surprising youd take a pot shot.....

Originally posted by LorraineO
    I suggest you rea\d the posts after that Kay,,, It wasnt meant to be helpful,, just in her face,, trying to jar her after all the other advice wasnt being heeded... Not surprising youd take a pot shot.....
    I was asking for helpful advice, not be jared in my face. If you actually read it, you would of known it was not a DIRE EMERGENCY. Glad I have others who truly care.

oh for Gawds sake,, I do care,, thats why I tried ot jar you,, you did nt seem to be listening to good avice and that was go to the vet,,, I am happy you went tho!!

Originally posted by LorraineO
    oh for Gawds sake,, I do care,, thats why I tried ot jar you,, you did nt seem to be listening to good avice and that was go to the vet,,, I am happy you went tho!!
    I was going to go to a vets anyways, no matter what I already knew it had to be done, thats what my post was about. I just knew it wasn't that much of an emergency & needed to know what one to go to. After all if I would of listened to my vet (now old vet) Kaige might not be here & if he was he probably would not be with me for long.
    Now if you had a vet like that wouldn't you want to know some more info so you knew what vet to go to?

Anyways I am sorry I said that & hope you are too. I hope you forgive me & if you feel the same I will forgive you. Now lets be grown ups & leave this all behind.

sounds good to me,, I am just happy your baby got the attention,,, how is the lil one??

I would call POISON CONTROL they'll be able to tell you defanlty if you should rush to the vet or not. there is a fee for calling but you'll know what your suppost to do.
    Here's the # if you don't have it already i think there's another one also but this is the one i have

1-877-2 ANGELL

GOOD LUCK

that rat poison is scary stuff, a dog can eat a dying rat that has ingested the poison and then the dog is poisened.

I would rather deal with the rats.

Glad your baby is fine.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Sorry i am alittle late but atleast you have the # if it's ever needed.

I hope he's feeling better soon
    Cheyanne, Aspen and Phoenix all send big wet puppy kisses his way
    Come on Kaige there's lots more butts to sniff