Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kaige ate rat poison EMERGENCY

Kaige ate rat poison EMERGENCY

I don't have a lot of time to explain, I'll do that later. but Kaige got into rat poison this morning, about 40 minutes ago. I'm hearing different things from different vets & finding a little bit of different info on different sites and just want to hear anyones experience right now.
    I did enduce vomiting and it was succesful.
    Some vets/sites say to start vit. k ASAP, some say I can wait up to a day or so.
    Good thoughts are welcome but if anyone has any experience I'd like to know. thanks
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

A trip to the vets????????????

My vet is 45 minutes away, I'm at work. I'll explain later but I will not go to my vet ever again.
    I've called the local vets, 3 of them, all are telling me different things. Some say I can wait, some say not to, some say to look for certain symptomssome say to look for others.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

If it were me,, I personally wouldnt mess around,, I would spend the $$ and have my pet checked ASAP!! Better safe then sorry!!

OMG! You must be beside yourself - what was the poison? I know someone who works in pest control who might know how best to deal with this
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Decon, rat & mouse

Originally posted by Brody's Mum
    OMG! You must be beside yourself - what was the poison? I know someone who works in pest control who might know how best to deal with this
    Yeah,,, perhaps a VET??????

Originally posted by LorraineO
    Duh, I've called 4 of them, all are saying different things, I want to know what is right so I can go to the right vet. I'm not going to a vet that is wrong.

I did get him to vomit & I know that now it is not a dire emergency, but does have to be addressed sometime.
    One vet said to wait a few hours, one vet said as long he vomited & he's ok he doesn't need to come in, one vet said to get him in within 24 hours if no symptoms, one vet said a few days if no symptoms

Does your town have an emergency hospital for animals? If not, please bring your dog to your vets asap and demand they begin treatment immediately. If you wait for symptoms, it may be to late for Kaige.

Please keep us posted. Take care.

Is this the same?

http://home.nas.net/~jgeorge/Questions/Q1.html

mentions Vitamin K as the antidote

Originally posted by lv4dogs
    Duh, I've called 4 of them, all are saying different things, I want to know what is right so I can go to the right vet. I'm not going to a vet that is wrong.
    DUH??? Excuse me for caring about your baby,,, and that comment wasnt directed at you......

Originally posted by LorraineO
    I agree but it would help to know what she was dealing with - someone who uses the stuff on a daily basis would know how would it affect Kaige - I didn't mean actually give any treatment!

OMG I hope he's ok. I'm no vt but I think if he vomited than he'll be allright. It depends on how much he ate....
    Let us know.
    We love you Kaige!

Well I guess if you keep waiting,, youll find out which vet gave you the best advice,,,,,, Still wanna wait???