Thread: Trixie 1991-2005

Trixie 1991-2005

My beautiful calico, Trixie, was put down yesterday at the vet’s office. She was 14 years old.

Trixie wasn’t the brightest bulb in the bin, but she was the sweetest, most loving cat I’ve ever owned. She never met a person she didn’t like, which I found most unusual. She loved belly rubs, and being brushed, and sleeping on my head. She adored children and would go belly up for them if they just looked at her. She and Ralph, a tortie, maintained a good relationship from the minute I brought them home together as kittens from the shelter. Many tongue baths were shared between them.

The last couple of years have been a challenge for the cats, since we added dogs to our house, but Trixie, as usual, made friends with the poodle and I found them sleeping together more than once. (We don’t let the cats mix with the other 2 dogs as they have strong prey drives).

Ralph is kind of lost right now, searching the house for her friend. I don’t know if Trixie was ever smart enough to realize it when Ralph was out of the house, but Ralph is a smart one and knows something is wrong. I hope she’ll eventually adjust.

Trixie suffered from kidney problems her whole life, and in the end that’s what got her. She was wasting away, even though she was eating, and I was having trouble watching it, even though the vet assured me she wasn’t in pain. We had her on subcutaneous fluids for about the last 6 weeks. Yesterday morning, she squatted on the carpet in front of me and peed, and then almost fell over. (She has never had an accident before in her life). I knew it was time. I don’t think she weighed more than 4 pounds when I brought her in.

I don’t feel bad about the decision to put her down, but its so hard to actually take the action. I watched her slip away peacefully, and I hope that she wasn’t scared or in pain at all.

She joins my other cats Radha, Cleo and Rags in that place in my heart reserved for those gone but never forgotten.
    honor

Greta & Cassius

Trixie sounded like a trooper, she fought the good fight all of her life, you did the right thing. I know how hard it is, it removes a part of your soul.

My sympathies for your loss, Trixie is now well and playing at the bridge.

Godspeed Trixie, RIP.

RIP, Sweet Trixie. You sounded like my kind of cat- loving and non assuming. May the RB be all that you deserve.

Our Dearly Beloved Trixie

So sad to hear of Trixie gone to the angels.. May you rest in peace now & Now can play at the RB..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

rip trixie, hes in a great place, now
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

THIS,HAS BEEN A VERY SDA WEEK,ONPET TALK,LOSING ALL THOSE WONDERFUL CATS.
    TRIXIE SOUNDED,LIKE A VERY PRATICAL CAT,ABLE,TO ADAPT HERSELF,TO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING,AND WE KNOW,THAT SHE WILL MAKE A STELLAR PET TALKER ANGEL,AND SHE HAS ALREADY JOINED THEM,IN THE ALGAVE REGION,OF PORTUGAL.
    SHE MISSES YOU,SO MUCH,BUT WILL HAVE SOME WONDERFUL PLACES,FOR YOU TWO,TO VISIT TOGETHER,WHEN YOU ARE TOGETHER AGAIN,ONE FINE DAY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Blog Entries

Trixie

We are sorry to learn of Trixie's passing. Losing a beloved pet is very painful but you were lucky to have this sweet calico for 14 years.

We do understand what you feel because it is now 11 days since the passing of our darling Sasha. We find it soooo difficult and know you are feeling what we feel.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

I too, want to tell you how very sorry I am to hear of your sad loss of Trixie. Several years ago I lost my sweet Patches in just the way you describe her kidney disease. It is so heart breaking to see them waste away.

I hope the day comes when your heart will be lighter and you have only all of the fond memories of her with you.

I want to thank you all for your very kind thoughts. I miss her more than I imagined I would.
    honor

Greta & Cassius

I am so very sorry for your loss of Trixie. Remember the beautiful 14 years you had together. RIP sweet Trixie!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

May the wonderful memories of Trixie help you during this sad time to recall what a great cat she was. Trixie will be always with you!!! Sleep softly, dear Trixie....
    Sandra
    Nine is Fine!!