Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I might be getting a parrot!

Oh I have no qualms about the dogs and the birds. I really don't worry about a dog/bird situation unless the dog is a Terrier or Hound. I can sympathize with you and the noise level. After my years of bird ownership, I've completely gotten used to the noise and I now understand what "deafening silence" means.

Have you gotten the Guide to a Well Behaved Parrot yet? It really is a priceless book. You could just check it out from the library if you don't want to buy it. It's really cheap and soooooo worth it!

have not been to the library yet lol but I will definatly check out the book!

my dad was worried because perky and Ripley ARE terriers dont kniw why on earth he was worried about Blair though lol perky is a JRT but I would worry about Ripley before I would worry about perky, she is terrified of all my critters anyway lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Good luck with quieting him. It's never worked with Dante.
    .Dante [Nanday Conure] .Sebastian [Cockatiel] .Draven [Sun Conure] .Noel [Cockatiel] .Zues [Cockatiel]

.Sascha [Pit Bull X] .Coltrane [Doberman] .Maggie [Weimaraner] (Newest addition )

Good Luck! Our Parrot, Sunny, loves making noise! Her favorite is when we play love songs she'll sing" I Feel Good, I Feel Good" over and over. It's so cute!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

lol well apperntly the bird is a double yellow headed amazon wich makes no sence at all since my friend said this bird has almost no green at all, but double yellow headed amazons exept for the yellow head are entirly green I am not sure what is going on the birds name is Dante and is very loved, his owner really does not want to give his baby up(its his mom getting rid of the animals) but if he has no choice in a matter I may actually be a VERY good choice for homes as my best friend is just starting to date the guy with the bird lol so if I got the bird he would still be able to visit his baby lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Who gave these numbskulls this bird? I can't believe one doesn't know what species their bird is, and to point a Sun Conure out in a textbook when the bird is in fact a DYH?! How smart is that? LOL!

Cali, you should go over to their house and take a picture. It's not that hard to specify what species the bird is. I mean, come on! First, a B&G Macaw. Then a Sun. Then a DYH. What's it going to be next? "OHHHH Ooops! It's a rat afterall!" ROTFL!

lol believe me I want to meet this bird more then anything now, its driving me crazy I mean a DYH Amazons dont exactly look like sun conures
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Originally posted by Giselle
    "OHHHH Ooops! It's a rat afterall!" ROTFL!
    LMAO!

I've been reading through this thread... is there a chance you'll be able to go and see for yourself what type of bird it is anytime soon? Hopefully then it'll be cleared up, and expect the enexpected.. like she said, It might as well be a rat! ^_~ hahah

lol I am starting to give up hope on this bird, his owner really does not want to give him up, and if his mom forces him too he might give him to another friend of his if I dont get Dante I will be getting a budgie or 2, I would just love to have a parrot, so this seemed so perfect. however my mom wants to see the toy poodle and the borzoi lol she is trying to justify taking in a little poodle "it would not eat much" etc.. etc.. lol and she was like "a Borzoi would be a really neat dog to have.." in her considering the dog type tone lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

WOW!! Parrots are great birds!! One of my friends has 2 parrots, Jesse and Mo. Jesse is a female red parrot. And Mo is a male and he has blue and red and green colors....

Parrots take ALOT of responsibility though!!! LOL