Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading to New Hampshire...any sightseeing ideas?

Heading to New Hampshire...any sightseeing ideas?

Alden and I are going to New Hampshire in a couple of weeks to see another NASCAR race. I am very exciting to be going because we have never been to this part of the country. We are going to the race at the beginning of our trip and then will take our time coming home and do some sightseeing. I know we are definitely stopping in Boston and was wondering if anyone had any must see places that we should visit. We will be traveling from New Hampshire back to Ohio so if you have any ideas I would love to hear them

Thanks!

I wish I did I don't know much about over there but I would want to wish you good luck have a safe trip and tell us who wins! Also I would love to see pictures again!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

If you're going to NASCAR, you'll be in the Lakes Region. I would check out the town of Wolfeboro. It has a great walkway on the lake and the view is to die for. There are several restaurants on the lake that are pretty good (kind of expensive). If you want cheaper, go across the street to the Mills and there's a camp restaurant and a pizza place...good.

A cruise on the Mt. Washington is pretty fun. It goes all over Winnapausakee (God, I live here and I don't know if I'm spelling it right). You can see all the rich folks mansions but the view of the mountains is pretty to see. You can catch the boat in Laconia (among other places).

If you have time to go up North, check out the town of Lincoln. There are little shops to peruse. But Lincoln also leads you to the Kancamagus Highway. There are hiking trails to do and the views are pretty nice (again of the mountains). If you can go through Crawford Notch and North Conway I would recommend it.

And if you have time to go WAY up North (like Pittsburg), you can check out Moose Alley. It's a stretch of road that leads to Canada and there's alot of wildlife...especially Moose.

I think Nascar is in September so the leaves won't be at their peak just yet.

As for Boston. I went up the Prudential Tower last week and it was fun. I think it's 50 stories high and you can see all of Boston. Plus at the top, I would recommend taking the tape recorder they give you and listening to all it has to say. Very interesting history. If you keep your receipt you can go again free of charge at night time. I missed the last elevator by 8 minutes (the last one is at 9:30). I would check out a Boston Duck Tour. Expensive but fun and you get to see alot of the city (expensive, I mean $25 each).

Not sure how long you have to spend up here. If you need more details, let me know.

Regards from NH!

If you are going to the races you will be in Louden, NH. Not far from the white mountains. If you go north a bit, to No. Woodstock NH there is a lovely Bed & Breakfast that we always enjoyed staying at. The Woodstock Inn. The White Mountains are very beautiful and there are lots of nice places to stay and the views are spectacular. Things do start to slow down up that way after Labor Day, but still quite a bit to see. There is a lot to see and do in and around Boston too!! Salem, MA has a Witch Museum which I always found to be interesting. Hope you have a great trip!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Must see places? How about Cookiebaker! (Anna, Malone, and Emerson!)

You lucky ducks.

You know, I heard that Florida is now on the way to New Hampshire. We've relocated. Stop by!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    You know, I heard that Florida is now on the way to New Hampshire. We've relocated. Stop by!
    Tell it to Alden, Kay!! The man has race fever right now...lol. Whenever we do make that trip to Florida you know that you are first on our list

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Must see places? How about Cookiebaker! (Anna, Malone, and Emerson!)

Definitely!! We're even willing to travel! We'd love to meet you if it were to work out. if not, I hope you have an awesome time here in New England. PM me if you are interested!

8. Oh, that must be FUN! How about stopping by to see the SunKissed Golden's! Maybe bring home a little souvenir!

How cool!
    Do you have an extra ticket for the Loudon race? I haven't been to a race there since 1999.
    Expect a lot of slow traffic going into and coming out of the racetrack, there are only a couple of roads there since it's in the middle of the mountains.
    Sightseeing ideas, maybe Mount Washington and the giant hotel there, just a bit north of Loudon.
    Other sightseeing ideas, meeting other Pet Talkers, Karen can show you around Boston, Anna and Kara live in NH and you have to drive through Vermont to get there so you will have to meet me too!
    I'm only a couple of hours away from Anna and Kara so if it works better to meet down there I can probably make it if you can't stop in Vermont. But you just might want to tour the Ben & Jerry's factory in Vermont on your drive back.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

New Hampshire, one of the most beautiful states anywhere! I have family there. Definitely must see Lake Winnapausakee, lake of loons. (nice arts & crafts shops there, too - New Hampshire has a great Crafts Guild!) Lots to see and do. I'm sure the PTers up there will give you the grand tour!
    If you are driving out towards the Cape, stop in Fall River Mass. at Battleship Cove (about an hour east of Boston). You can tour a battleship, submarine, and a PT boat museum is there too. Absolutely fascinating! There is also a beautiful restored carousel--and when I was growing up, I got to ride it every year (it was at the amusement park then) when we visited my Grandmother in Fall River! I took my grown sons there in 2000 and rode it again!!!
    (Sorry, didn't mean to digress, just got carried away!)
    Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 09-06-2005 at 09:28 AM.

PT boat museum
    A Pet Talk Boat Museum???? Cool.

Heeheehee.

Sightseeing? How about a visit to see Kara and the Goldens?
    We are in town next to Anna (Cookiebaker), let me know if you guys are meeting somewhere, I'd love to see you!

I've never been to the races at Loudon, but the place I work at sponsors a car there and always gives away tickets. I wish I had known you were going, I would have gotten some tickets for all us NH/VT PTers and we all could have gone!

Robilee, where are you? The race is this weekend.
    Kara and I are up for a Pet Talk meeting.
    Anna, have you heard from Robin about when she could meet?

Kara, that's great that you have a connection for free tickets!
    Maybe we can go to one of the races next year.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Hey there!

Well, all I can tell you for sure about our plans is that we will be at the New Hampshire International Speedway this Sunday and beyond that I don't have a clue...lol. We are just packing up and hopping in the car and just "winging it". We have our AAA tour books and all the state maps and are just taking it day by day. I guess you can say where ever the road takes us is where we will be. It won't be too far though because we have to be back the following Sunday. I would love to meet you all but I honestly don't know when and where we will be at any certain time. Thanks for all the pointers everyone! I'm hoping we have beautiful weather for our little adventure and can't wait to see your part of the country!

Have a wonderful trip, Robin! BTW, where are your beautiful Tori & Katie staying? Are they going to a "5 star" hotel, too?