Thread: Help please!

Help please!

Hi all, I'm new to this board. First time posting now. I have a problem and don't know how to solve it. My cat Princess is a short haired domestic cat, beautiful, solid white fur, sky blue eyes. She's around 2 or so I'd say. On May 2nd she had 2 sweet kittens. Well, for the past month, she was acting really mean to them, I guess to wean them, so we put them outside about a week ago. They're doing great to say the least, lol. But since we've put them outside, she's been acting so strange. She's going places she knows she's not allowed. She's vomiting up her food, it looks like she hasn't even chewed it up. She looks really sad. She spends her days just looking out the window, sitting on the back of the sofa. She's allergic to fleas, and for some reason, when the kittens were born, we started having fleas in the house,but not until then, it was very strange. She loses fur on her neck and I have to treat her with special spray, and she's already been to the vet to have her shots for that and everything else she needs. I last took her at the end of july/beginning of august, and she had a healthy check-up. She's not a big cat (6lbs) and she doesn't eat fast. I just don't know what's up with her. I don't really have the money to take her to a vet right now since I'm in between jobs, so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I've got several pictures of her, if you need to see any to determine her size (or just to see how cute she is lol) e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks so much in advance for anything!

Why are the kittens outside? Could you not find good homes for them?Are you feeding them?

Call around, she needs to go to the vet, and maybe one will see her and work out some payment plan, or knows of a clinic that would. We cannot diagnose anything over the Internet, no one can without seeing the cat herself.

I was going to ask too, why are the kittens outside? Momma cat may be concerned that she can't get to them and that is why she is acting strange. You should get Momma to the vets and the babies to, just to make sure all is well. Vets will usually work out a payment plan if need be.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I had to put the babies outside b/c I've recently moved back in with my parents and they'll only allow one cat inside, but they LOVE being out there. I live on a farm, so they have PLENTY of room to run around. They eat really well, I feed them a lot, and give them plenty of water. I've tried letting her see them and she freaks out on them. She smacks them and hisses at them. It scares the poor kids. Since I wrote the last post however, which was only hours ago, she's actually perked up a bit. It's weird, she's getting in my lap and being so lovey & she's never been a loveable cat. Ever. It makes me wonder if the kittens made her jealous. I am planning on keeping the kittens by the way, they're just staying outside for a few months, until I get back on my feet. Thanks for the advice, I know the vet in my town doesn't do payment plans, it's posted on the door, lol, but I'll call around and try to find one that does. Thanks again.

Do you have any idea of the dangers outside for an adult cat let alone a kitten? Get those babies to a NO-KILL Shelter or back inside before another cat, dog, raccoon or something else kills them or they get hit by a car or something. They are way to young to be outside and shouldn't be outside anyway no matter what their age. Also mom sounds very stressed or very ill. She needs to get to a vet A.S.A.P. before something serious happens to her. You also should think about getting her spayed. With every heat and with every litter you are potentially shortening her lifespan and chances of getting certain cancers. Some vets will work out payment plans call around until you find one that will.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Those kittens deserve better than to be stuck outside. You need to spay and neuter your animals and the Mama cat needs to be taken to the vet.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Originally posted by CalliesMom
    Those kittens deserve better than to be stuck outside. You need to spay and neuter your animals and the Mama cat needs to be taken to the vet.
    I agree.

If you'd like to avoid future costs associated with your cat, have her spayed. And have her behavior checked with a vet.

Please, get those kittens to safety. Please don't wait four months either, or they will make more kittens.
    It's a tragic cycle that all of us here at PT would like to see stopped.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Kittens outside can pick up a number of very contagious viruses, and panleukopenia is deadly to them if they have not had any vaccinations. Kittens should have at least two FVRCP shots to prevent this, first shot at 8 weeks, and the second a month later. I sure hope that you reconsider the hazards these kittens face being outdoors. Coyotes, and fox could kill them without your even knowing they're gone. And as already mentioned, cars, dogs, poison....not a nice way to die. And there's a very good chance their mother is deaf (being blue eyed and white) and this could be the reason for her behaviour. I really hope you got the mom spayed when she went into the vets or she'll be pregnant again in no time, and homes are hard to come by since the hurricane hit down South. Kittens should not live outdoors IMO!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

When I last took her to the vet, to check on her flea problem, my vet told me it was fine for them to go outside. I've always had outside cats, she's my first indoor, because of her flea problem. He said a good time for them to go outside would be around 4-5 months, and they're around 4 1/2 now. We, and all my neighbors actually (which aren't very many since we live in the middle of nowhere) have outdoor cats. Dogs also, and they get along with each other all very nicely. Some of them (the cats) are incredibly old and very healthy. Also, the vet said that if the cats outside aren't very hostile, they should be fine, which they are. The older cats took right up to them, treating them as if they were their babies. I'm definately gonna have her spayed asap. The two kittens are boys, so I'm going to wait after I have her done to do them. When I first took her to the vet, when I got her, which was around when she was about 6 or so months old, the doctors told me, which they were quite surprised by, that she wasn't deaf/blind and she was in perfect health. Since I last posted, she hasn't vomited anymore. I read some posts saying where I should cut down on her food, and not have it piled up relatively high, and I bought her some special indoor cat formula cat food to help with digestion, and it tells me to only give her 3/4 cups twice a day. She's doing well on that so far. Her attitude's also picking up, but I'm going to still keep a close eye on her, just in case anything strange starts to happen.