View Poll Results: Which one would you get?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senior 7 year old merle

22 59.46%
  • Puppy 7 week old black

15 40.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Or Puppy

Senior Or Puppy

If you were at a Great Dane rescue and you had the choice of getting a senior 7 year old merle great dane or a 7 week old puppy black dane, which one would you get?

Well, the 7 week puppy is WAY to young to get, they shouldn't adopt out 7 week old puppies, it should be with it's mother for atleast a week longer. I would pick both, I love puppies and seniors. If you don't have the patience for a puppy, I say go for the senior, but like I said the 7 week old puppy should be with it's mother longer. I didn't vote though, I just am putting in my 2 cents.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I would take the senior. It is much harder for the senior to get adopted and through a rescue you know that all will go to approved homes which means good homes. I would want to give the senior a chance at a happy life and not have to spend the rest of his time in a shelter. The puppy will be snatched up in a second whereas the senior will most likely sit in the shelter for quite some time if he ever gets adopted at all.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Originally posted by kittycats_delight
    I would take the senior. It is much harder for the senior to get adopted and through a rescue you know that all will go to approved homes which means good homes. I would want to give the senior a chance at a happy life and not have to spend the rest of his time in a shelter. The puppy will be snatched up in a second whereas the senior will most likely sit in the shelter for quite some time if he ever gets adopted at all.
    I agree 100%.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

i would take both
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Go for the senior....ditto everything kittycats_delight said

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

i absolutely love puppies.. i have one,.. but they are so much work. and energy.. lol. I would much rather get the senior then the pup, .. just because i love calm gentle dogs

i voted senior. i would rather get a senior because they tend to have a harder time finding homes. also, if i'd never had a dane before it would be a good way to see if i'm ready for such a big dog in my household.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Both. (Hon, I'm Sorry, but I wanted the older dog and the puppy snuck out with him)

i would take both. i would feel bad for the poor 7 year old, cuz it's so hard for a adult to get adopted sometimes. it also depends on the situation.

i would take the senior

we almost adopted a 10 year old black female about a year ago but someone adopted her before us

If the senior fit us it would be MERLE all the way! (Because people like puppies.) the other way around and I would probably have to take the black senior before guilt killed me.

Niņo & Eliza

Senior. Now that Daphne is older, I see how wonderful older dogs are! I decided that I'm never going to adopt a puppy. Older dogs are the way to go!

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

Honestly I think you should take what better fits your lifestyle. If you work and if you'll have a hard time being home to care for a puppy then don't get the puppy. If you are a very active person and would enjoy a crazy puppy then go for the puppy. I love my older dogs dearly, but I have way more fun with my younger dogs, they are much more active and I like that. Older dogs are often still very active though.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Originally posted by kittycats_delight
    My thoughts exactly.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien