Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evacuees Distraught Over Lost Pets

Evacuees Distraught Over Lost Pets

I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I read the same story minutes ago on www.cnn.com and it just breaks my heart. The poor husband & wife who had to leave their pets behind because they could only take one item and that was a plastic bin of the husbands medications. And of the make-shift gas chamber the rescuers had to make to euthanize some of the pets. What an awful situation. I'm sure it was awful for the rescuers to have to do that. I can't wait to get home and hug & kiss my 2 cats & 1 dog (I'm at work).

What a heartbreaking story. It's almost unimaginable what these people are going through just now.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    The whole thing is just totally heartwrenching. I live in an area that gets hit periodically by whopper hurricanes (near Boston) but am just far enough inland, and on a hill that the worst we get is lots of wind and flying debris. I hate to think of how many animals have perished already, locked into flooded homes that were evacuated. Many areas rescuers can't even get to still. If I lived near there, I'm sure I'd be pulling out critters right and left.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I just saw this blurb on the foxnews website. So sad. That poor little dog....all by itself!

The first few days were a natural disaster. The last four days were a man-made disaster," said Phillip Holt, 51, who was rescued from his home Saturday with his partner and three of their aging Chihuahuas. They left a fourth behind they couldn't grab in time.

Everything that has happened with the hurricane is awful, this is the first thing I've read that has brought me to tears though. Just the thought of having to leave my dogs.....I can't even bear to think it.

I can't even imagine...

I'm with you WolfQ. I would fight tooth and nail before I'd leave my cats behind in a situation like that. They'd have to take me out in handcuffs, kicking and screaming. There is NO way in HELL, I don't care HOW bad it is, I'd leave my furbabies.

What really pisses me off is the fact that the shelters they have won't allow animals. What I want to know is WHY??? I think it's wrong and something should be done about it.

UGH!!!! :mad I get so angry just thinking about it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That is sooo sad.

Thanks Devon (flamepony12) for the
    Sig!

This little girl and her hubby already discussed it and we would not have ever left our dogs...period...end of conversation.

Had they tried to make us leave there would have been problems.

I know that one of our friend's niece lives in New Orleans and she and her new hubby took a tarp and put their animals on the tarp and swam 2 miles to a road where he could go get a vehicle from his father's construction business and get them and get them out.

I'm just glad to see that, a lot too late, that they are allowing people to take their animals to shelters and on buses.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I heard that there were evacuation busses that were telling people that they couldn't take animals on the bus. WTH?! Why in the WORLD wouldn't they let animals to evacuate, especially if they were properly contained. I know there is a liability issue, but in a situation like that I would sincerely hope people aren't looking to sue people.

I'd never get on a rescue bus that told me I couldn't take my cats even if it meant swimming or walking a long distance. They're family too.

That policy has been changed as well....about 3 or 4 days ago. I think they got enough pressure that they caved. They are also allowed to bring their animals to the shelters as well from what I am told. I know 3 people that are down there working currently, so I check the other board and get the latest updates.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

For God's sake LET THEM TAKE THEIR PETS!

I have been thinking long and hard about what I would do in that situation.

I could NEVER turn my back on them and let them die. It would haunt me for life.

I can't even state the extremes I'd go to not to be separated from them.

Desperately trying to rescue left behind pets.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/08/pet.rescue/index.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Evacuees Distraught Over Lost Pets

I think need to puck & cry now.. This is all just too heartbreaking.. I go home everyday & just hold, hold on to my babies so tight && just could not even think I would ever have to face that choice..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>