Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photographic Evidence!!!!!!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Originally posted by K & L
    Our cats and tortoise get along fine! As a matter of fact I think some of the cats are a little afraid of it!
    Carmen comes and goes as she pleases from her 125 gallon tank. Smart girl knows exactly where to climb on her basking log to open the aquarium hood door and clambor out. Often she's surrounded by foster kittens that are fascinated with her tail, and needless to say, she gets a bit upset by the paws trying to play! So it shocked me a bit to see her actually snuggled up to Timothy.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

OMG... thats too much! Now I think I'veseen everyting!

Carmen looks like she's smiling at Timothy (or maybe at the camera)!

Photographic evidence

Somehow I never thought of iguanas as being snuggle bugs. Those pictures are fantastic!!! Timothy is probably saying, "Okay Meowmie, what do I do NOW?" Tummy rubs to Timothy for being such a good sport about it. And tummy rubs, or the iguana equivalent, to Carmen. She is beautiful!!!!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

THAT,IS A VERY INTERESTING INTER ACTION,BETWEEN,TIMOTHY,AND THE IGUANA,TWO VERY DIFFERENT SPECIES,LIVING TOGETHER,IN HARMONY.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Carmen is such a good girl! I never knew that a rescue (I knew nothing about iguana care at the time) would turn out to be such a special keeper critter! She is no "spring chicken" and is possibly going through kidney failure, but is thriving in the close to two years since I took her in. She acts like a kitty when I pat her..leans into the pats. I can only hope I have her for years to come. She's such a character!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

Wow! Those are great pictures! Carmen is huge, and beautiful!

My Beardies will fall asleep on the dogs/cats. Emma will try to chase them however. Of course, Iguanas are much different, so these pictures are so surprising!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

That is way too cute! Carmen is so big!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Amazing! Thimothy looks so brave and quiet, no moving at the lizard approach! Very interesting to see such relationships!

haha, neat pictures of rare moment!
    honestly, I wouldn't be surprised! at how the world are now..

still, great 'cuddlation' to share!! the kids can be so nice to each other sometimes.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
    Carmen is such a good girl! I never knew that a rescue (I knew nothing about iguana care at the time) would turn out to be such a special keeper critter! She is no "spring chicken" and is possibly going through kidney failure, but is thriving in the close to two years since I took her in. She acts like a kitty when I pat her..leans into the pats. I can only hope I have her for years to come. She's such a character!

I'm sorry to hear she may have kidney failure.

I was wondering if iguanas need a lot of extra and special care? Just curious!

Kirsten

Originally posted by Kirsten
    I'm sorry to hear she may have kidney failure.

I was wondering if iguanas need a lot of extra and special care? Just curious!

Kirsten
    She may not be going through kidney failure...the vet couldn't determine if she was developing eggs, or her kidney values were off. Bloodwork I'm guessing must be hard to evaluate with iguanas. They require a lot of care, and a very good diet mostly composed of dark leafy greens, and some fruits and vegetables. Calcium is also critical in order for them not to develop metabolic bone disease which can be crippling...or a slow death.
    They also require specialized lighting that provides UVB/UVA light, heating lamps for night, humidity etc. Not an easy critter to care for, but I learned a lot along our journey together. It will be almost 2 years in Dec. Here's a good website devoted to iggys...http://www.greenigsociety.org/home.html
    Carmen came to me via someone my husband met. She was in a totally inadequate makeshift cage, and was ice cold and on an awful diet of iceberg lettuce and celery! I'm actually amazed she survived at all in those conditions! She is quite funny for a lizard. One day I had neglected to get her breakfast ready, and I came home to find her out of the tank and standing in the kitchen by the fridge...silly lizard.
    Author Unknown ~*~

OMG That's so funny waking up and seeing her in the kitchen looking for breakfast.You are a hero to so many animals

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

QueenScoopalot, thank you for telling me Carmen's story. She really sounds like a special pet, and it is so cute that she came into the kitchen to look for her breakfast. What a smart girl!

It's sad that people get animals like these lizards and then have no clue what to do with them. So many exotic animals are getting ill because the live in the wrong environment! I'm glad that Carmen came to your house and now lives a better life!

And thanks for the link! I'm on my way now...

Kirsten

Photographic evidence

How too sweet & hey no one told Carmen she didnt have furr.. All adorable.. Need to enter on Funniest Animal seg..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>