Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Your Refrigerator Running?

Is Your Refrigerator Running?

Our refrigerator has not been cooling like it should so we decided to pull it out and vacuum the coils. OMG I think we found another cat we weren’t aware was missing! There was SO much cat hair that I think we could’ve made a over-stuffed pillow. This was so embarrassing cause Kevin’s mom was here visiting and she saw this. Anyway, if you dare, check behind and underneath your fridge! BTW…we ended up having to get a new refrigerator!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I'm sure I have a few extra cats and dogs under there since the last vacuuming. Not to mention fuzzy mice, straws, balls, pens.... etc. I have a refrigerator brush designed to reach around the coils underneath, and YIKES when I use it! If your fridge has coils in the back also, it's a good idea to clean them too.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

He he he...I know EXACTLY what you mean! In Jonah's nursery, behind the dressers, I think he was keeping his own baby kitty!

Same here!! When I have to remove pieces of furniture for some reason, I usually find enough fur for ten extra cats, I guess!

And tons of cat toy that have been lost for a long long time!

Kirsten

LOL! When I saw the title, I thought .... uhhh, has one of your cats pulled the plug out!! Fister did that with my freezer last year. Anyway, I recently had both that and the fridge out and cleaned behind, so I have no "cats" there.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Great idea Lisa. A couple weeks ago the icemaker started leaking and so we pulled out the fridge. While it was out I cleaned and vacuumed those coils and grids and was amazed at how much fur and dust was there. This must surely make it difficult for the appliance to work properly. Thanks!

Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
    I'm sure I have a few extra cats and dogs under there since the last vacuuming. Not to mention fuzzy mice, straws, balls, pens.... etc. I have a refrigerator brush designed to reach around the coils underneath, and YIKES when I use it! If your fridge has coils in the back also, it's a good idea to clean them too.
    You should've seen what else was back there besides hair! I was going to take photos but was too embarrased to! The good thing is now when they deliver the new fridge (tues) they'll think what a great housekeeper I am cause it will be spotless back there!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Guess I'd better go look. We probably have another cat around here that I'm unaware of. I was shocked when we got our carpets professionally cleaned this summer and they showed us the 15-pound hairball they got out of our carpets.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I was shocked when we got our carpets professionally cleaned this summer and they showed us the 15-pound hairball they got out of our carpets.
    Ha ha, that happened to me last year!

Last year, one of these vacuum cleaner sales representatives showed up here to offer his product, and he was arrogant and told me their vacuums would clean every carpet. I then told him I would have a real challenge here...

Well, he cleaned my bedroom carpet, but he had to admit it was a tough job! LOL

Kirsten

I AM GLAD,THAT I SAW THIS THREAD,AS I TOO,NEED TO CLEAN,THE FOUND CATS,FROM BEHIND,THE FRIDGE.
    BAD CATS,I SAY,BADCATS,NO GOOD CATS,CARELESS GUARDIAN.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

LOL!!!!!! When you have 4 hairy dogs, who shed constantly, you don't even notice the hair from two cats!!!!!!! Really, I don't! But I'm sure it is everywhere!!!!!

I know the feeling! We just sold our sofa and loveseat to make room for the baby so we were trying to make the furniture look good for the new owners and I swear that I had enough hair to make a new Sammy. And as you can tell, Sammy is a big boy!

Actually, I try to keep going under the refrigerator regularly, but the sofa? Geeeze!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

LOL funny you should post this today! My husband called and said that the computer was running a bit too hot and that he decided to clean it out. He must have found another cat in there too!

Maybe we should hold an adoption event for all these "New cats" we keep finding in our homes!

We're constantly finding 'dust kitties' all over the place. Behind appliances, furniture, in computers, under shelves, etc.

When my girls moved away from home years ago, I'd get notes from them saying they STILL found cat hair here and there on different pieces of clothing!

I must buy one of those lint rollers every week to roll furniture and curtains!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Ok Lisa! Busted !! I know this must have been your plan to get a new refrigerator !!

The next time you guys come over remind me to show you this nifty little tool I have to clean under the fridge with (it also cleans the lint slot in the dryer). It was only a couple of $$ at Lowe's, and its worth all the cat hair in gold.

We clean with this tool once a month, and then every other month I actually get behind the fridge and take the back apart, and we STILL get a huge amount of cat hair!

Guess this is just one of the "perks" of living with a kitty
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).