Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *UPDATE* on Lilith

*UPDATE* on Lilith

Just got back from the vet. She got a conter-reaction shot for the rabies, 200cc of subq fluids, some anitbiotic and a paste called Nutripet. the vet believes it is most likely a reaction to the shot but he is a little concerned about her breathing. Her respitory rate was 50. And he said that was a little high. He also said she was a little dehydrated. She has more energy since she came home and she used the litter box. Hopefully it is nothing more than a reaction we will watch her and the vet said if she doesn't improve he wants to extra her lungs though he didn't hear anything and he wants to do blood work to check her white blood cell count. Keep all fingers and paws crossed this is nothing more than a reaction. And a few miracle working Pt prayers won't go astray either. Thanks soo much.

a less worried Michelle and a seemingly feeling a little better Lilith

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I am glad you decided to take her to the vet since she didn't seem to be feeling better. I hope the shot will start working and she'll be her old self again. Give her kisses for me!
    Last edited by CalliesMom; 09-03-2005 at 02:04 PM.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Aww, poor Lilith! I hope she feels better soon ((hugs to you both))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Prayers for Lilith.

Michelle, I am so sorry I missed this earlier. I am sure that she will be fine. Both Rusty & Fluffy both had terrible reaction to vaccinations last year. Wouldn't eat, lethargic, growling, no litter box use. I was scared. Called the vet and they said most likely a reaction. Has caused me to think twice about vaccinations. Anyway that is another story. Give her another 24 hours and I am sure she will be her old self again. I am sorry you and she had to go through this. Yes, each cat is different, so Vixen it may not bother at all.

((((Hugs))))
    Hope she continues to improve quickly.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

After having read both of your threads I think it was very good that you took Lilith to the vet. I hope now, it's just what the vet believes- because then she will be fine in no time.

Filou and Tigris send nosekissies as they think headnumpies might be too much if she doesn't feel purrfect

THE ANGELS,MISSY,AND GEORGE,FROM MY BOYHOOD DAYS,VETERAN CAT ANGELS,BOTH,WILL COME,AND VISIT LILITH,AND MAKE SURE,THAT HSE WILL NOT MISS,THAT TRIP,TO GLORIOUS,EXCITING ITALY.
    SHE WILL NOT WANT,TO MISS OUT,SO WE ARE DOUBLING ,OUR PRAYERS,FOR HER!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm glad that you took her to the vet and now she'll hopefully recover quickly and feel better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please continue to keep us updated.

Thanks everyone for the support. There doesn't seem to be much change. She is a little more active but not much and she is not hiding now either. She has spent most of her time in the living room either on the couch or beneath the open window. She still hasn't eaten. I have given her some nutripet. I rubbed it on her gums and she then licks it off so she is getting something. She snubbed the baby food. I am suppose to get a tablespoon of the nutripet into her. I would think so far we have managed about teaspoon. Sometimes it seems her breathing is less labored and other times not. I will being keeping a close eye on her and hopefully the meds kick in soon and give her relief. Thanks again. It means soo much that you all care about my baby.

((((HUGS))))

Michelle & Lilith

*edit* make that 2 teaspoon of nutripet she has had now. Me and hubby just managed to get a full teaspoon into her much to her horror.
    Last edited by kittycats_delight; 09-03-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Michelle im sorry i missed your post and gald i got the pm. I do so hope she is better and will be just fine . I kow your worried and send (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) for all.. Get well soon please little girl...

Well, we just checked on Lilith and it seems her breathing is starting to return to normal. It is still faster than normal but seems less stressed than before and is slowly coming down. She still refuses food but I guess we have to give her a little more time. We are going to feed her some more nutripet and she hates that as we have to rub it on her gums to get her to eat it. But where she isn't eating this Nutripet paste replaces all the lost nutrients she has not been getting the last 2 days. So hopefully by tomorrow she will be getting back to normal. I hope anyway. It seems she is improving. Keep all fingers, toes, paws and whiskers crossed for her.

Michelle & Lilith

Everything crossed for Lilith, hope she gets better soon.

I'm sorry, I just saw your both threads on your dear lilith. from what I see, definitely a reaction to the shot she had, poor girl!

I had all of my cats (except star because she was pregnant) vacced last january 4th, thankfully nofurry reacted! but I've had many groggy cats coming into our office, with hard breathings, nauseas to vomits. lilith's labored breathings seemly normal after what she got but this shouldn't continue for more than a week. just watch, hear carefully for her, generally she should be okay at how so far you described her behaviour.

I hope she'll breath purrfectly & nice before all of you go off to italy! please smooch (if that's not too nasty for you) and stritch-stritch her for me!

..gina & lilith's meeowing furriends
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Hugs & kisses to Lilith! Get better, little baby! we're pulling for you.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

*NEW UPDATE* September 4th

Lilith is PURRFECT this morning !!!! At about 2:30 am last night she ate her first bite of food in 2 days. And now this morning she came looking for me to give her something to eat. When she first ate last night hubby was sooo excited and I was so relieved. It was like a 1000lb weight was lifted off my shoulder. Her breathing is perfectly normal this morning and she even talked to me when I spoke to her. Thank you all so much for keeping Lilith in your thoughts and prayers. I will give her extra kisses for everyone and extra hugs/cuddles and some extra stritch-stritch for Gina.

Thank you all again
    Michelle & Lilith