Thread: Collars

Collars

I notice some of you have nice collars for your cats. They seem to be in perfect condition.

Collars I get ALWAYS frey and look really bad...they look hairy almost! What type of collars do you get??Do they frey?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I just get the snap collars from Wal-mart or Petsmart. My kitties usually keep a collar for about six months until I decide to get them a new one, but we don't too much problem with freying in just a few months.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

I USED,TO GET THE OVA FLEA COLLARS,BUT THEY KEPT LOSING THEM,AND AT TWENTY DOLLARS,APIECE,THAT WAS GETTING ESPENSIVE.
    THEY JSUT DONT LIKE COLLARS.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I buy personalized collars from: http://www.k9collars.com/index.php
    I buy the break-away collars and have our home phone number embroidered on them. Halo has had hers on for 3 years and it's not frayed yet. Pepper is on her 2nd collar because she loses them. The good thing is that since our phone number is embroidered on them, when a neighbor found the collar they called us so we went over and picked it up.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

We also use the break-away collars from Petsmart. Our kits are strictly indoors, but they're collared with their ID/rabies tags 24/7 just in case. We also keep a little bell on each of the kits so we know where they are The collars are holding up really nicely.

collars

I started out wearing collars on both Abby and Buddy. That is until on day Abby almost hung herself on my kitchen cabinet handle. She was begging by standing up on her hind legs for her treat, and when she went to get back down to all fours, her collar got stuck on the handle,and she could have choked to death. Thank goodness I was standing right there ,as I was getting out the treats , so I saved her . So since that day, I choose not to wear collars on them, for fear it may happen again, and I may not be so close by. I do have very nice brand new collars for them to wear when they go out,but that is only when they wear them. I thinking of micro-chipping both during their upcoming vet check-ups in december.
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Years ago I watched an Aby named Squid get the tag on his collar caught on the handle of a toaster oven. He dragged the oven across the counter and into the sink where it finally pulled hard enough to break the "break-away" collar. There was an open can of cat food in the oven - supposedly hiding it from him - and he was trying to get at it. That stopped after this event but he learned how to open the oven and did so frequently to see if there was any food in there.
    Randy

neither of my girls wear collars either. When they go out they are harnessed and they are micro-chipped as well.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Missy has one of those break away collars with the elastic piece that should break if she's hanging from something! I stopped wearing collars on Sassy because she would always 'somehow' get her one front leg in the collar. Didn't matter how tight or loose I put it on her. So I'm afraid she'll hurt herself if I leave it on her.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla