Thread: I was jogging this morning...

I was jogging this morning...

I was jogging this morning and saw a loose dog in the golfing field, I entered the golfing field and asked some of the people if it was their dog, they all said no. The dog and my jogging dog, Joey made friends quickly, and the dog followed us all around the jogging trail and to my car. He hopped into my car, like it was his own, I took him him of course, but I am not sure to keep him or not!! My other dogs made friends with him as soon as he came into the house, because they do that to every dog that comes into the house, because I foster! Well, I am thinking about keeping him-but I dont know? Should I?!?

2. If he is used to the car and other dogs, its a possibility that he is lovingly owned but escaped. You should post flyers up, contact the Humane Society and check to see if anybody has come in looking for a lost dog...

Go to the vets to see if he is microchipped as well. Somebody could love this dog very much. What condition is he in? What breed(s) do you think he is? Better get some pics too...is he wearing a collar?

I agree, try as hard as you can to locate his owners before you even think about keeping him. Since he is so friendly & used to cars & the such it sounds as if he is someones beloved pet that accidently got loose.
    How would you like it if one of yours got loose & someone found him & decided to keep him without trying to find his home?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

That is great that you decided to take him to your home!-but, I have to agree, I would try to find this dogs owners first

Good Luck!-
    Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

5. Just wondering how the dog is doing, and any luck in finding his owners?

About checking if he has a home: Yes, yes, yes. I have done all of that or I am doing it. I have called the humane society, with an answer of a no, and I have recently put up posters. Nobody has called yet. And as much as it usually rains in fall I dont think the posters will stay up long. I also put some on mail box posts, and today I am taking him to the vet to check if he has a microchip.

His condition: He has no collar or anything, he is shorthaired, but his fur is all puffy in spots, like it needs to be brushed. He has a slight cut on his heel, his teeth don't look very well cared for, and his nails are very long. His nose was dry when I got him, and he is very skinny. He's not nuetered

Breed: He looks like a Pit Bull/Rhodesian Ridgeback, he has the body of a pit, but he has the ridge of the fur on his back, and he has the fur of a rhodesian.

PS. I call the dog Jake, I brushed him, cleaned his ears, gave him a bath, clipped his toe nails, clipped his fur where the ridges could collect dirt, clipped the fur between his toes, and brushed his teeth. He looks a lot better now. But after I've had him for a day, I couldn't stand calling him nothing, so I just started called him Jake.
    Last edited by pound_adopter; 09-01-2005 at 10:19 AM.

if you dont find his home i would say keep him esecially if he and your dogs are good together
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee