This is a story about a kitty I still miss and was my best friend. When I was 17 my dad took a new job that took us from NY (Long Island actually) To california. I was so angry at him for doing that. I had the option of staying with my best friends family for a year and finishing high school or traveling across country with my dad and going to a new school. Guess what I chose? But in the mix was my kitty Gigi. Dad said she couldn't do the cross country trip with him in the car and she couldn't stay with me as my bf parent's were dealing with enough with taking me. So ..on an early aug morn my dad packed us up and dropped me off at my bf house and took Gigi to her new home in Nantucket. Mind you it was hundreds of miles from me.
About a month later, my bf and I were walkiing her Alfgan Hound and a kitty showed up. I said I swore it was my Gigi.
She'd only seen my dad drop me off at my friends house once and had come back hundreds of miles A few days later we confirmed it was my Gigi..she’d come to find me. Not where we lived but where she saw me last. I called my dad and told him..I don’t care how much it costs but we are flying her first class to California .I worried about her flight alone but I thought, she loves me enough to find me, she’ll understand the flight. .Gigi and I will figure something out here. I will never leave her again. She came to California with me and stayed with me until she was older and and I left home for my own life. She was my angel from when I was nine until I was 26 and I still miss her. She taught me the meaning of love and loyalty.
I think Gigi is guiding your Boomer. Don’t leave him behind. They are amazingly resilient . They live only to love you.
Claudia