Thread: Where can I sell these books???

Where can I sell these books???

Hi all. I am moving into a small apartment and need to sell off my books, text books, sweet valley high and university books as well as some other stuff. Where is the best place to sell them besides ebay. I have highschool text books.

Thanks

Annie
    Happiness is the little things in life.

www.half.com is a great place to sell books. If you have any used books stores around check there, if not you can always donate them to your local library.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

You can send them to me! My hubby needs books like that for his classroom.

Most likely, you would do better giving them away to a local school or charity. The amount of money you'll get from a second hand bookstore is nothing (and the local second hand store is picky about what they will accept). The feeling you'll get from donating them and making somebody else's day will be worth the extra $50 you'd have made by selling them... not to mention a whole heck of a lot less work.

Hi Annie - I have sold LOTS of book on half.com and love doing that. Textbooks don't move well though and the postage is high - even though your buyer pays that. The Sweet Valley books would probably move well at half.

Another thing you might consider is Bookcrossing which is what I now do with my books. Basically it is registering your books at this site, putting the number inside the front cover and then leaving them at public places to be "found" - it is fun!

Thanks for the bookcrossing plug!

Other PTer who bookcross are WolfLady, MissMeow, LynneStankard ... oh, several others whose names I'm blanking on now.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by AmberLee
    Thanks for the bookcrossing plug!

Other PTer who bookcross are WolfLady, MissMeow, LynneStankard ... oh, several others whose names I'm blanking on now.
    YUP AmberLee is the one who got ME started. I am thinking that shaismom and Noah'sMommy are two more bookcrossers...