Thread: Unkown Breeds

Unkown Breeds

I recently went to Canada on Friday with my dogs, there were LOTS of other dogs being walked around there. I had no idea how to name the breeds, so I went up to some of the owners and asked. One said they had a Catahoula Collie, another said they had a Boston Retriever, another said they had a Canadian Boxer? another said they had a Bull Russell, these are only a couple of the ones some of the people said they had. The Catahoula Collie was a series of colors, like a merle color, but looked like a Border Collie. the Boston Retriever looked like a Golden Retriever with Boston Terrier colors. The Canadian Boxer looked like a grey brindle Boxer, a color I have never seen in my life before. And the Bull Russel looked like a form of a Bull Terrier and a Jack Russel Terrier. I of course, didn't believe them, but what if they have some kind of other culture of dog breeds in Canada? I dont know, but it was pretty wierd. And if they were just giving a mixed breed dog a purebred name, I hate that, it's so, UGH. Like the GoldenDoodle and the Labradoodle, are now actually getting recognized of people!! EEK.

So many people are doing that these days

There is no such thing as any of those breeds -- they were probably just mixes of the breeds. I live in Canada, and I've never heard anyone call their dog something like that, beyond the names of the designer dogs like cockapoos and labradoodles, and I work in a grooming parlor so I know it's not some "Canadian" thing.

I also live in Canada and have never heard of any of those. I've seen the regular Labradoodles and other so called breeds but that's about it. I hate when people breed mixes purposely....

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

also canadian and I have never heard of these either, the catahoula collie looked like a merle BC? BCs do come in merle... lol I am guessing it was a catahoula BC mix or something lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

im canadian too and im sure americans would have alot more names for mutt dogs then us seeing as theres so many more people and i bet all countries have their own names for mutt breeds i sometimes tell people my dogs a german king retriver but its not real its just the names of his breeds king sheperd/golden retriver
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I sent Malinois a private message about this thread and she said most of these people were in a hotel