Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Oh Dear, Hopes For Chance!

Gina, this is horrible! (((((HUGS))))) I really hope that Star makes a turn around..You know that you can always talk to me too Gina..

Steph (Jesse and Splinter too)

Star

Hello: I just came across your postings, and I'm wondering if perhaps Star has irritable bowel disease? It sounds like the symptoms. We have seen this IBD clear up in 24 - 48 hours when fed a diet of raw meat - which is what cats eat in their natural environment. Please let me know if you would like any further information, and I would be very pleased to share some experience.
    Gayle

hi gayle! so wonderful that you appeared here & could help, I would try anything for her to shine again!

yes, please share here or PM, whethever you like. right now her mucous bowels are getting better, still liquidy because she haven't really ate much lately, only all the subquefluids. (400-450cc total so far) - have you seen star's two more (of latest update) threads outhere in cat general? (My Fading Star & My Dimming Star)

thank you!! god bless you,
    ..the dear star & hopeful meowmie..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

a question..

gayle, somebody asked me a good question, what raw meat do you recommend?

this is my first time with this serious illness, situation I've had since I got my first cat. I'm not sure if she'll chew something right now as she didn't wanted to swallow much of wetfood this morning/afternoon.

the reason I wondered if you've checked her other threads to see if your 'methods' would work for her kidney failure too.

If we're talking about chronic kidney failure, it is not a very good prognosis - and better to keep the cat on the food she is used to. However, if there is still kidney function, try switching to raw. I recommend that you pick up a small amount of different kinds of meat, and see if you can find which one she prefers - chicken, turkey, beef (fresh, human grade only). If this is chronic kidney failure, and your cat is on sub-q fluids, this does not sound promising. I believe that this is usually a case where there is no kidney function at all. If you would like any further info, I would be happy to share what I know. Good luck, and keep trying!

latest update..

okay I will, I think she'll love for some chickens. she didn't liked turkey as much as beef. but not liking beef as much as chicken - thank you gayle. hopefully she'll eat some today when I grab some!

well, she doesn't have a kidney failure exactly yet, BUN (blood urea nitrogen) was only near 60 and above 75 is CRF (chronic renal failure).. since she went down so quickly, doctor coast was afraid it's being unfunctionally & she'll might need a kidney transplant if it looks like a next option.

to see the latest update of my dear girl - my shading star.

thank you everybody again, many hugs,
    ..star & me

I hope that Star is eating her chicken! I am so glad that you have come to Star's rescue felinefuture!
    Gina, I am still full-out praying for you and Star anytime I think of God, or start praying.

Boo was feeling upset, I have recently learned how to meditate, so, I held Boo in my lap, and she seemed to relax, and feel better. It's a long shot, but maybe Star will relax more if you meditate with her?-I know it won't solve the problem, but, maybe she will be more comfortable. Maybe she will eat?

(((((HUGS)))))
    Steph, Jesse, and Splinter