Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manxamese Owners?

Manxamese Owners?

I was just recently blessed or cursed (i dont know which yet) with my wild Manxamese kitty. He is only 10 weeks old and is getting big!! I really havent had to many cats before him, so i dont know much about behavoir. He is wild, and for some reason seems to have claws that would make a tiger jealous! I love him to death, big ears and all!!! Does any one else have a manxamese? I would love to find out more about the breed and share funny stories about my tailless wonder!

Here is Sid the Stud!!

I think most kittens are nawtee. At least Callie was. I just wanted to say you have a beautiful kitty!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

I HAVE,TO ADMIT,THAT THAT BREED,IS A NEW ONE,ON ME,SID CERTAINLY,IS A BEAUTIFUL CAT,AND I THINK,THAT HE WILL GROW,INTO THOSE HUGE ERAS.
    WHAT A SENSATIONAL LOOKING CAT!!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

So kitty is a Manx Siamese mix. Manxamese is no more a real breed than a calico is a breed of cat. I really hope you didn't pay top dollar for this little angel. Pet stores and backyard breeders do this kind of thing sooo much it makes me sick. I just hate when breeders try to pass of a mixed kitty as a new breed. They aren't a new breed. They are a breeders mistake and this is the reason sooo many breeders are hated. They are not trying to better the breed they just want to come up with something new to make money.

I don't mean to be rude and I am in no way anger with you. Sid is gorgeous. And his big ears are the cutest thing. I bet his butt is soooo cute when he runs. LOL

Welcome to PT btw. I am sure you will enjoy it here and enjoy the pics and stories of everyones pets. We look forward to seeing more of Sweet Sid.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Welcome.
    Sid is gorgeous. Don't worry about that kitten energy, it's normal. It will subside in about 2 years.

I foster for Siamese Rescue, and a fellow foster mama has 4 manx Meezers.
    I hope there are no complications due to taillessness. Such as nerve damage, or bowel problems.

Just enjoy your boy!

He sure looks like a sweety!

I guess you could call my cat a manxamese. kittycats_delight is correct, there is no such breed as a manxamese. It's just a cat with siamese markings and no tail.

Welcome to PT! What a beautiful kitten!

Kitten have an adundance of energy! I currently have 4 running around my house right now... little hint - the really energetic ones are better in twos. They keep each other entertained and less work for the human! I always have more than one foster kitten. I think my cats would revolt if I unleashed a kitten on them without a second kitten to keep the first kitten out of their fur.

Start trimming those nails now to get him used to regular trims.. oh how well I know those needlesharp claws! The first things my fosters kittens get when they come to me is a nail trim! Its as easy as holding a squiggling, squirming, wiley ball of fur! Your vet should show you how to safely and properly trim his nails. It really is easy once the kitty knows there's no pain involved and once they figure out that if they stay calm and still the procedure goes much faster.

By the way, my name is Kim, and I have 4 grown cats of my own, one very grumpy adult foster who hates other cats and 4 kitten fosters (three of which only have three legs each). Again, welcome to PT. I hope you enjoy it here and get lots of good advice!

ooooooooo, you can see the mischief in his pretty blue eyes!! I don't doubt that you have a handful with this one but he's so gorgeous, I think he could be forgiven for anything Hope to see more pictures of him soon, showing off those eyes and his little tailless bunny-butt.
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Ohhhhhhh, those big blue eyes!! Cannot be mad at him, hey
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

i love this place

thank you for all the kindness!! I love this place! Well, i kinda thought that Simanx or Manxamese or whatever was just a mix and not an actual breed, but i wont tell Sid... I just took him to get his boosters and made sure that the vet showed me how to clip his nails!! I have some more pics i am going to post.

Congrats on your new kitten! Kittens have a tendancy to be little terrors, but then when they grow up you will miss all the silly little things they did as kittens!

I have two cats Corkscrew is an orange tabby and Tibby is a siamese mix.

I can't wait to see more pictures of Sid, he sure is handsome!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

HI, SORRY SO LSTE, I'VE BEEN AWAY FROM THE BOARDS. WELCOME TO PT! I THINK Y'ALL LOVE IT HERE!
    I HAD 2 MANXMUTTS, 1 WAS STOLEN APPROX 90 DAYS AGO... HE WAS MR MISCHEIVOIUS! IS YOUR GUY INTO EVERYTHING? NOSEY WAS! I STILL HAVE DAISY, MY OTHER MANX MUTT. I'VE THEM TO FOLLOW YOU...THEY'RE LITTLE STALKERS THEY ALSO LIVE TO STEAL HUMAN FOOD! THEY'RE SMART, VERY TRAINABLE FOR CATS. DAISY'S SHY STILL, I'VE HAD HER 13 MONTHS. SHE HAS THE NICKNAME DAIRY DAISY, SHE LOVES CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, BUTTER SHE TRIES TO STEAL MY CHEESE QUESIDILLAS EVERYTIME! SHE LOVES GREEN BEANS TOO CRAZY CAT...

I LOVE YOUR KITTY!! DOES SID HAVE SIBLINGS THAT WISH TO MOVE TO MID-TN?

I'LL TRY TO ATTACH PICS BUT I FORGET HOW...
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

Everything you said is Sid to the T!! He is into everything!! He loves playing in my mesh laundry hamper. Plays fetch, and jumps around like a rabbit! One thing he has done a couple of times is something i have never seen. When he is sleeping he talks, alot!! Its amusing, but is that normal? I know the siamese is known for their voice. As for siblings, i think all the kittens fused together to create one big monster, my Sid!!!

Don't know about kitten energy subsiding in two years, mine is twelve and still tears around the house at one hundred miles an hour!

Sid is ever so handsome!

Originally posted by Bigears05 When he is sleeping he talks, alot!! Its amusing, but is that normal?
    How funny!

Don't know if it's normal. But I would just enjoy it, unless he keeps you up all night.
    Do you have 'movie' capabilities? So you could put a .wmv file on the post and we could hear these sounds.

My bluepoint, Snowy is a big talker (he's yelling in the bedroom, right now-looking for his purple toy) He's been that way since Day 1.
    We video taped him kneading on his binkie and sent it in to America's Funniest Animal show. We got on TV and $100.

Sounds like Sid could get on TV too.