Thread: Diarrhea

Diarrhea

Okay fellow rescuers, Im so frustrated, I have lost more darn kittens this year to darn diarrhea I am ready to scream.

Lets start first with the little bottle babies, when I see white i immedialty start straight pedialite, green I go to have formula and half pedialite, and just plain diarrhea brown I can live with.
    Is everything here correct? They dehydrate so darn fast it sucks.
    What other thing is there that can be given to a week or 2 week old kitten to help stop this problem when it starts.

Older kittens lets say 5 weeks old, I have gone to the point of having to force feed them baby food and rice cereal to pull them out of it, with albon and sometimes fluids. Any other things I could do, besides that and pumpkin...??

8 week olds, some seem fine with the food I feed them, dry only, others can;t seem to come out of the soft stool problem, is there anything here I could be doing? I do yogart and sometomes pumpkin, very seldom do either work

Thanks guys

Just looking for any advise or past experiance

carrie

Re: Diarrhea

Originally posted by ratchet22

Older kittens lets say 5 weeks old, I have gone to the point of having to force feed them baby food and rice cereal to pull them out of it, with albon and sometimes fluids. Any other things I could do, besides that and pumpkin...??

8 week olds, some seem fine with the food I feed them, dry only, others can;t seem to come out of the soft stool problem, is there anything here I could be doing? I do yogart and sometomes pumpkin, very seldom do either work

Thanks guys

Just looking for any advise or past experiance

carrie
    Carrie, I'm sorry I don't have any advise for the wee little ones but I can tell you that I have used a product called Pet Pectillin by Lambert Kay and can usually be found in the grain food stores like Agway. It is a great product that is all natural. It has pectin and kaolin. It is mixed with their wet food or can be given directly by mouth. I have found that sometimes the Albon can disrupt their stomach even more. When Gracie and Gabe started with the diarrhea I immediately went to the vet and started them on Albon...it did not work. I tried changing their diets several times and still that did not work. It was by chance that I found this product. I mixed it with baby food and in about 5 days they were much better.

I hope this helps you somewhat. --- Meg

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08