Thread: *Julius needs help, asap!!*

*Julius needs help, asap!!*

Lately, Julius has been acting strange.

He sits around the bottom of his tank most of the time, with his peck fins clamped. He's not nearly as active as he used to be, and for the first week ever, he doesn't have a bubblenest going.

He's eating normally, and sometimes when I go up to his tank, he swims up to see me, but most of the time he's in or next to his little clay pot.

Does anyone know what this could be? What medications he needs, etc.? I want to get him better as soon as possible...

The BAD news is, we're leaving for three days today, probably around noon. So I need help as soon as possible... Thanks!

hm.. I'm in a rush, I have to go to school in 5 mins but I'm trying to figure this out poor Julius

Just by your description, it doesnt sound like he's physically ill. It sounds like something might've scared him ~ any changes in lighting, temp, or arrangements? Is there anything sitting near his tank that might startle him? Is he having any trouble swimming to the top?... if he's at the bottom a lot, and he swims crooked or has trouble swimming, I would think its a swim bladder problem.

For now, just try giving him good food (maybe some pea in case he has tummy issues), keep him in a dimly lit, quiet area, and maybe change his water and add extra Stresscoat. ~_~ good luck, I hope Julius is back to his old self soon!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Originally posted by bckrazy
    hm.. I'm in a rush, I have to go to school in 5 mins but I'm trying to figure this out poor Julius

Just by your description, it doesnt sound like he's physically ill. It sounds like something might've scared him ~ any changes in lighting, temp, or arrangements? Is there anything sitting near his tank that might startle him? Is he having any trouble swimming to the top?... if he's at the bottom a lot, and he swims crooked or has trouble swimming, I would think its a swim bladder problem.

For now, just try giving him good food (maybe some pea in case he has tummy issues), keep him in a dimly lit, quiet area, and maybe change his water and add extra Stresscoat. ~_~ good luck, I hope Julius is back to his old self soon!
    thank you... I did a water change this morning, and I don't know what could possibly scare him around his tank... Nothing in or around his tank has been changed lately... and this has been going on for about a week or two. Right now, he's laying leisurly on the bottom of the tank, slowly moving his peck fins, but not gasping. When I walk up to the tank, he comes up to me... but the minute he stops swimming, his tail starts to go down, and then he goes back down to the bottom. We'll try the pea... thanks for the tips.

Try a water change and some aquarium salt... Hope the little guy is feeling better soon!

Originally posted by LuvGold00
    Try a water change and some aquarium salt... Hope the little guy is feeling better soon!
    Okay, thanks, I'll go get some salt right now.

I gave him a couple peas, and boy, did he have a good time eating those! ^_^

oh, I hope Julius feels better soon!! (sorry, I'm not much for advice...)

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

my drapples is doing the same thing!! but seems much worse than your julius..

hope your julius is all perky orangie by the time you come back..!

hugs,
    ..gina
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I am sorry, but I have no advise, I will be praying for Julius and Drapples!(((((HUGS)))))

Steph, Jes, and Splinter

He seems better... we just got back, and he was sitting around... () But when he saw me, he perked up and swam to the top... Hopefully that's a good sign.

bump...

I've been doing everything I can, and he doesn't seem to be getting better...

Someone was a great help on TFF, and I'm thinking it might be constipation... ( http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=104987 )
    but we're not sure... any additional help would be appreciated...

If it is constipation, fast him for one or two days and refrain from feeding dry foods (pellets, freeze dried, flakes, etc) at all. Just feed little bits of pea and frozen BW or BS.

He could also be depressed? Does he get to see Siam much, or do you hold a mirror up to his bowl often? Some Bettas do get depressed without daily sight of other Bettas ~ have you tried that to cheer him up a little?...

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Sorry I just saw this! I have no advice but hope he is swimming like a champ and better soon!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

How's Julius doing?

He's still acting the same, and we've been doing absolutely EVERYTHING Thanks for the support, though.

Erica- He's in a completely different room than Siam, do you think it would help to put a mirror up, or would that stress him out?