Thread: Just Getting Here

Born in Phoenix, Arizona, spent most of my life in Oregon, and returned to Arizona upon retiring.

Just Getting Here

Guess I started in the wrong group. Got in with cat people. Nice but I am a bird person.

Still learning the chat room in's and out's, as well as to how I post a photo in a message.

COODEW
    Last edited by coodew; 08-28-2005 at 08:45 PM.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87264

Lots of cat people are bird people too, they won't eat your birds!

Welcome! I see you have a cockatiel. I do too, actually I have 4. You'll enjoy Pet Talk. Pet General is the "bird place". People post about their pets that aren't either dogs or cats in pet general.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Welcome to Pet Talk! General is a fine place to introduce yourself - I'm Karen, one of the moderators here. My current pet is Miss Hoppy - she's the little brown bunny you see as my avatar.

As for posting pictures, see Phred's excellent tutorial here.

Welcome! I'm a bird person too , and have two cockatiels. Would love to see pics of your tiel!

Born in Phoenix, Arizona, spent most of my life in Oregon, and returned to Arizona upon retiring.

Looks Like A New Re-Start For Tomorrow

Thanks for the info about where the bird people hang out.

I'll come back tomorrow and change over to Pet General. They are not very forthcoming with info for bird people. And here I have been wondering what I was going to do with my "spare time"!

Good thing that I'm imune to people telling me where to go.

COODEW

I Am Learning

Hi Kare, I appreciate the info about the toutorial. Not sure about a couple of things here, like replying to any but the latest message. Since there is a "Reply" button only at the bottom of the last message, I used the "Quote" button to reply to you.

I'll switch over to Pet General tomorrow.

Cute bunny you have. Had a few of them, and a variety of other animals over the years. Right now I just have the one Gray Cockatiel, and he is pecking away at my left ear to tell me it is late and I have been on the computer for too long. Yes, he has me well trained.

COODEW (David E.)

Originally posted by Karen
    Welcome to Pet Talk! General is a fine place to introduce yourself - I'm Kare, one of the moderators here. My current pet is Miss Hoppy - she's the little brown bunny you see as my avatar.

As for posting pictures, see Phred's excellent tutorial here.

Bird Food

I am more worried about your cat's safety. Buddy eats just about anything!

Originally posted by G535
    Lots of cat people are bird people too, they won't eat your birds!

COODEW

Pictures

I'll have a picture of Buddy as soon as I get them sized down, and figure out the how-to's of getting them from here to there. I guess that only picture at a time is allowed here.

Originally posted by popcornbird
    Welcome! I'm a bird person too , and have two cockatiels. Would love to see pics of your tiel!

COODEW

My Traveling Companion

Your cats look healthy and well careed for. Buddy is like most pets, somewhat spoiled. But who cares!

He ia a good traveling companion, never askes me "are we there yet?"

COODEW

Originally posted by KBlaix
    Welcome! I see you have a cockatiel. I do too, actually I have 4. You'll enjoy Pet Talk. Pet General is the "bird place". People post about their pets that aren't either dogs or cats in pet general.

Welome Coodew to Pet Talk. I'm also glad to hear from another David! I'm david p from Pittsburgh, Pa. I have two cats that own me, Nikki, a tuxedo, and Daisy a tortoiseshell kitty. I hope you post often about your 'tiel!

Still Learning About Pictures & Avatars

Thanks for writing David P.. I have had a variety of animals in my life, and a lot of them had 4 legs or wings. Birds, dogs, cats, guinea pigs, lizards, rats (not sewer rats), tropical fish, even a barrel racer (horse). I don't consider the animals I had on the small farm I had at one time as pets, but I enjoyed them all.

I'm down to one Cockatiel now, and we get along pretty well so for now I will stick with one being a good number.

David E.

Originally posted by david p
    Welome Coodew to Pet Talk. I'm also glad to hear from another David! I'm david p from Pittsburgh, Pa. I have two cats that own me, Nikki, a tuxedo, and Daisy a tortoiseshell kitty. I hope you post often about your 'tiel!

coodew, welcome!!

my name's gina (obvious), mother to 13 cats (too sweet to chase a bird!), a golden retreiver, a rat, two goldfishes and two bettas!

a few years ago I used to have two cockatiels, harlan & tweety for over nine years and I sure miss them!

sounds your bird, (what's the name?) is really a good bird. no "are we there yet?" must have shown you guys are having a great bondness, that's great!

maybe this would be less complicate for you, I see you already own a photobucket, you only copy the part (with IMGs in it) and paste into here!

or on your own hostweb, you just copy the link of only picture on a page and add [IMG] in the beginning and [/IMG] in the end without spaces!! your picture should appear.

can you try post your cute graytiel here (since you started here) or I'll see ya in pet forum!

enjoy this site...cheers -
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I think I have it at least partially figured out. I am not so sure about going to the web host every time I want to put a picture of Buddy in a message. Maybe I can work that out too, if my brain doesn't go to sleep on me. Still looking at the Avatar thing, trying to figure out what it is and how to work it.

His name is Buddy, about 5 years old, and was found drowning in a swimming pool. The guy that rescued him must have seen me wearing a "I want your bird" tattoed on my forehead, because he asked me if I wanted a Cockatiel and a cage for free. Just had to go pick them up. He couldn't find the owner, and was looking for a good home for Buddy.

Had the bird vet check him out, the bird store trim his wings, and he has been on my shoulder ever since.

Hope his picture attaches here ok. He is sleeping in his favorite place, the calf of my left leg.

David E.

Well it didn't work that time. The picture thing worked when I opened a new thread, but not when I replied to your message.

Can't seem to get the "Edit Profile" to edit some of the info I wanted to change either.

David E.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=87264

Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
    coodew, welcome!!

my name's gina (obvious), mother to 13 cats (too sweet to chase a bird!), a golden retreiver, a rat, two goldfishes and two bettas!

a few years ago I used to have two cockatiels, harlan & tweety for over nine years and I sure miss them!

sounds your bird, (what's the name?) is really a good bird. no "are we there yet?" must have shown you guys are having a great bondness, that's great!

maybe this would be less complicate for you, I see you already own a photobucket, you only copy the part (with IMGs in it) and paste into here!

or on your own hostweb, you just copy the link of only picture on a page and add [IMG] in the beginning and [/IMG] in the end without spaces!! your picture should appear.

can you try post your cute graytiel here (since you started here) or I'll see ya in pet forum!

enjoy this site...cheers -