Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pride in Service

Pride in Service

I found out on Wednesday that my husband is leaving much sooner than anticipated. I can't say exactly what day he is leaving without risking his safety, but it is sooner than we thought. I'm dealing with it, trying to focus on spending the time we have left together in the best possible way.
    I hate that my dear hubby is leaving, but how can I not look at him with pride when I think about *why* he is leaving. When he and I talk about his mission I see the pride in his eyes and I feel it welling up in myself. He and thousands of other men and women in the armed forces have left their homes and families in an effort to ensure the future of our country. My husband is going to protect our son's future. To make sure that he has a solid future in a solid country that I love with all of my heart. It hurts my heart to see all of the criticism of the soldiers fighting. If all of the energy that was put into hating our troops was directed at the REAL enemy, this whole thing could be over in a heartbeat. People are entitled to their own opinions about the war, but why direct it at the soldiers who are risking their necks to keep THEIR homes safe. If I can borrow an idea I read elsewhere; those soldiers are there to protect the RIGHT to complain about your government and how it's run. They are there to ensure that American people have the RIGHT to protest and raise hell. They aren't there merely to "interfere" in the middle east. They are there to protect every man, woman, and child in the United States and they do so without grudge. Even as the public spits in their faces, they stand tall and do what they are honor bound to do.
    What could be more honorable and heroic than that? Hate terror, hate war, but don't hate the soldiers... Just know that every last one of them swore an oath when they joined the military that they would do what was necessary to serve and protect. No man or woman in the armed forces goes in to the military without understanding that they may be called to war and most do so with pride in their steps and shoulders held high.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I am so happy you are so proud of your husband, as you should be. What an honorable man you have.

I haven't really seen much of people against the troops, I work with a Mom of 3 marines so I probably wouldn't hear much at work, we are very careful what we say.

Although I wish we didn't go to war I have the utmost respect for the troops. I grew up during vietnam and what happened to those soldiers was just reprehensible, and lots of them were drafted no less!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm stationed overseas... perhaps sentiment is more negative here, but anti-American sentiment is still quite high in the states from what I see on the news....
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I am from Caleeefooornia and I see the yellow magnetic support our troops thingies on practically every car (including mine). I fly the flag out front of my house as do many of my neighbors.

Honestly I just haven't seen any of the anti troop, anti american sentiment at all.

I have travelled to Europe and yes there was a lot of anti-american sentiment but please believe me the average american is proud of your husband.

I have been frosted!

Your post brought tears to my eyes. How hard it must be to see your husband leave. God Bless him and all the others that keep our country safe. You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Missy,

Well put! You know we are here to support you and my brother any way we can while he is protecting our country and you are holding down the home front for him! I'm so proud of my brother and the job he does every day. He does it with joy and pride in what he believes in!
    Chris

This thread was not started to debate whether or not we should be in Iraq. It was started as a way to support the troops who are there and to support the families left behind. If you can't say "Thank you for serving" and "Thank you for letting your loved one risk their life" , then please, don't say anything.
    Chris

I agree with Sirrahsim(you are a very bright young woman). My husband is over in Iraq right now(on his way home in a few days for leave!)I understand how hard it is to be away from your husband. I can't imagine having a child right now, I admire you. I am sure you will have all of the support you need when you get back in the states from family and all your PT friends. If you need anything please don't hesitate to PM me. Oh and tell your husband I am personally proud of him. Let's not get into the whole Iraq invasion things because it will stir up feelings but let's say how proud we are of our men and women in uniform(I think almost all of us agree with this)
    Last edited by katienoonan; 08-25-2005 at 07:31 PM.

My Reply

Yes Missy we support you and hubby 100%. Some non-military people will never get it. Don't let that get you down. Your hubby is certainly a hero in our eyes. I know he will represent us well!!

We are here for you!

Love,

Dad
    Dennis...Grandpa to Misha,Tyler & Annika

Originally posted by katienoonan
    My husband is over in Iraq right now(on his way home in a few days for leave!)[/B]
    You must be so excited to see your hubby! Give him a big "Thank you" and "We appreciate you" from the Harris Clan!
    Chris

I never took it like missy was saying if your anti war your anti american. I just think in a foreign country like japan when she is given comments it is probably anti war/ anti american...thats how I took it anyway.

I am deeply sorry this thread turned ugly. Even though I did not want a war, and I probably would not for any reason, so maybe I am wrong. I just like everyone to get along....anyway even though I did not want a war I think we need to finish what we started and I wish for your husband to be safe.

I have been frosted!

Sirrahsim, Good luck and godspeed to your husband.

Folks, keep the war-debate to the Dog House threads. There are plenty in there to choose from.

I have deleted several posts from this thread.

Again, keep anti-pro war debates to the Dog House.

Thank you, Karen

Dear Missy,

I will pray for your husband's safety, as well as ALL of our brave men and women over in Iraq.

If you ever get lonely or need to chat, just PM or email me at [email protected]

When you do email me, make sure you indicate who you are in the re: line. I get alot of junk mail and am fearful of viruses.

Thank you Karen for your moderation. You're the best!!

Hang in there girls!! We love you!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!