Thread: First kitten rescue :)

First kitten rescue :)

Ok, I just helped my mom make a rescue. I have never done it before and neither has she. She called me 2 days ago and told me about a kitten that is from the same mamma cat as my Vixen is from. Apparently the woman who has this cat and kitten has no intention of getting mamma spayed. The 8 week old kitten was living in a filthy basement that was just disgustingly dirty and cold and damp. Baby was only getting feed maybe every 2 days and mamma wasn't feeding her anymore as the woman had tossed momma back outside. So, I told my mom we have to get that kitten out of there. She said she could probably convince the woman to let her have the kitten but my mom couldn't keep her as she is severely allergic. I contacted the rescue where I got my Lilith and convinced them even though they are full to take this baby on. They are going to take her and place her in foster care. They are no kill. So my mom is going tomorrow to get the kitten the woman said she could take her. Yeaaaa, I am very excited that this little one will get a chance at a good life.

Now we just have to get momma. We are going to get her I think it may take a little time though as my mom has to make momma go "poof". Poor momma has had 4 litters of kitten in the last 18 months and she is only 3 years old now. Keep fingers and paws crossed we can catch her and get her into the rescue.

Michelle & the girls

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Bless you and your mother for helping this widdle kitty and I pray that you are able to get the mama taken care of so she doesn't have to be a baby making machine for the rest of her life.

Congratulations Michelle on your first rescue.
    Doesn't it feel good.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 08-25-2005 at 10:45 AM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

THE FOUND CATS,AND I HAVE OUR PAWS CROSSED,MICHELLE,THAT YOU CAN RESCUE,THIS KITTEN,AND MOMMA CAT.
    AND IF YOU ARE STUCK,FINDING A HOME,FOR THAT POOR MOM CAT,THE FOUND CAT HOTEL,HAS A VACANCY,FOR THAT POOR NEGLECTED MOMMA!

THE SPARE ROOM,WOULD BE HERS,UNTIL SHE GOT USED,TO THE FOUND CATS,AND I!

WE WOULD LOVE A NEW FRIEND!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Good luck on the *POOF* bussines !

Having made a cat go "poof" myself, it is a fantastic feeling. For me it was just a matter of getting him to trust me. He loved the attention he was suddenly getting from me and my hubby. So when I picked him up one day and walked into the house with him, he just went with the flow! Plus he was soooo happy to be warm and out of the nasty PA weather.....

Hmmm...have we added a new verb to the dictionary? Poofing?

Good luck Michelle!! What a nice thing you and your Mom are doing!! Hope all goes well!! Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

What a wonderful job you and your mother have done! I wish you all the luck in capturing mom and getting her fixed, or placed in a "good" home! Please keep us updated.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

What a wonderful thing for you and your mom to do! The poor little thing, how can anyone do that to a kitty? Don't suppose you have any pictures of the little one?

Kitten rescue

Bless you & your mom & it is such a good feeling.. Good luck on momma cat.. My send you all paws up Michelle

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thanks guys. I don't have any pics yet. I haven't even seen the munchkin. But I will be sure to get my mother to take a pic or two. And once she gets put up for adoption I will post the link to the page. It is a great feeling to know we are getting out of that nasty place where she isn't being looked after. And poor Mittens(momma). She must be sooo tired. Let's keep those fingers and paws crossed for her. I NEED to get her and get that poor angel spayed.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

First kitten rescue

WAY TO GO!!!!! Because of you and your Mom, another baby has a chance at furever love in a furever home. Bless you both! Groucho sends lots of thank you head bumpies, purrs, and kitty kisses. Prayers are being prayed that you'll find mommy cat so she can have a second chance for the life of love and caring that every kitty deserves.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Hurray for that little baby who will have a chance at a great life thanks to you and your mom. Best of luck with the mom cat, she certainly needs a real life too.

What a GREAT thing you are doing, Michelle! That little kitty needs a home!! Best of luck!!!!!
    Lightning theSuperCat!

"A recent study says that over 100% of all cats are nuerotic. That estimate is probably on the low side"

"Most cats need 24 hours of sleep a day. Many cats need more than that"

Well done to you and your mum, it's a great thing you are doing. I hope you are able to help Mittens soon. Good luck.

Nicki x

Thanks manda_moo87 for my siggy