Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Find that cat *breed*

Quote Originally Posted by Xaja
    I'm glad you finally found a job, and you know what? This is my last day at school!!! (College)

I'd like to see a cream point Sacred Birman.
    Cream Point Sacred Birman:

Cool!!! Are you graduating or just summer break? What's your major?

How about a nice Silver Serengeti cat?

Silver Serengeti:

Well, it's a little bit different here in Switzerland. I've done 13 years of school now since I was 7. In college my main subject was Latin for 2 years and Spanish for another 2 years. Now I have some quite tough final exams which we call "Matura exams". If I pass them, I'll be allowed to go to the university. I plan to study General Linguistics as major and English as minor. That will be 3 years till I have the bachelor and 2 years for the master, so 5 years altogether. Did you get that? The study starts in october, I'm going to Peru for 4 month between my final exams and the beginning of the studies. I really look forward to that experience and my new stage of life. It'll be the greatest I had up to now. Hopefully the best... I'm also moving out of my parents house and a few other things. Well... I'm chattering, it won't be interesting for you.

Please, could you show me a golden Persian?

I was on a cat show today and I was really astonished how small the Persians were. The most impressing cats beside the Bengals (*lovelovelove*) Were some wonderful silver somlalis with blazing green eyes. STOP chattering now.

Please, could you show me a golden Persian?
    Golden Persian:

Cool! When do you leave for Peru? I gather you'll be offline during that time. Don't worry about chattering, that's no problem.

Ugh. I watched the Preakness horse race (a very major race) and had my heart broken. The favorite to win, Barbaro, fractured his leg above & below the ankle. Last I heard he was in surgery for it, but it looks like his career is over. He was unbeaten, simply amazing to watch. Watched him in the Kentucky Derby and he was an amazing runner. That's so sad. It definitely shifted the focus off the race and the winner and onto that poor animal.

Can I see a black manx next please?

First I'd like to show a Manx pic taken by my favourite cat photographer, though it's tuxedo and not black.

Now an entirely black Manx:

I'd like to have an odd-eyed Cymric now. If you can't find any just take a copper-eyed one.

I'm sorry for that horse, it must be terrible for his owners and fans...

I'm leaving for Peru June 23 and I actually don't think that I can use Internet very often down there.

I'd like to have an odd-eyed Cymric now. If you can't find any just take a copper-eyed one.

I'm sorry for that horse, it must be terrible for his owners and fans...

I'm leaving for Peru June 23 and I actually don't think that I can use Internet very often down there.
    Odd-Eyed Cymric:

Well, he just got out of surgery not that long ago and is in ICU and standing, so that is a positive. He'll never race again, but hopefully he'll live and prove to be an excellent stud horse.

Now, how about the prettiest Cat of the Day you can find?

Oh, that's a gorgeous Cymric! Love it.

I always knew which cat I'd post if you asked that question:

Ain't he nice? That's his day: http://CatoftheDay.com/archive/2005/March/14.html

I'd like to see an American Burmese.

Well, if that horse is a stallion and not a gelding it's much better so he can reproduce now. We had a very famous jumping horse in Switzerland (Calvaro) who was a gelding. Now he's being cloned so his genes can be given to other horses. It's gonna be a big media event, I think.

I'd like to see an American Burmese.

Well, if that horse is a stallion and not a gelding it's much better so he can reproduce now. We had a very famous jumping horse in Switzerland (Calvaro) who was a gelding. Now he's being cloned so his genes can be given to other horses. It's gonna be a big media event, I think.

American Burmese:

Barbaro (the horse) is doing great. He came out of surgery and pretty much jogged back to his stall and started eating, he's been standing and been frisky, showing interest in some mares. He's putting an appropriate amount of weight on the leg, so as of now, things look great. But he's got many months of recovery ahead of him still. They saved him mainly for breeding purposes. That horse has a lot of heart, as he's demonstrated so far by surviving the original injury and the 7 hour surgery.

How about a blue point traditional Balinese?

I didn't know American Burmeses can come with long hair. Are you sure that is one?

Anyway, I love Traditional Balineses. I have two blue points and one blue tabbz point for you:

I'm glad Barbaro is OK. Hope he will have a big career as stud stallion.

Can you shwo me an Asian Ticked Tabby Shorthair / Burmali?

I didn't know American Burmeses can come with long hair. Are you sure that is one?

I'm glad Barbaro is OK. Hope he will have a big career as stud stallion.

Can you shwo me an Asian Ticked Tabby Shorthair / Burmali?
    Pretty sure, that's what came up when I searched for it, on multiple sites.

Day 3 after surgery went well. He's walking on the leg and bearing an appropriate amount of weight on it. Still 50 50 survival rate, but it improves every day he goes without any complications.

Asian Ticked Tabby Shorthair:

Can I see the most pretty Scottish Fold you can find?

That's a pretty one, I think.

Let's have a Highland Fold, please.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRechelle
    I didn't even know about it. How much is the entry fee or is there a website I can go look at? I'd love to go!

It's usually about $5 to get in. I'm going to try to make it for at least one day. I just finished moving and am still trying to get my house in order, but will try to get to the show if time allows. Hopefully we'll be settled soon. I've got a little selkirk boy that I am thinking about showing at the Ft Worth TICA show next month... but I need time to get him used to the whole grooming routine. He'll be 4 months old on June 3rd, so old enough to start showing.

Oh! Do you have a pic of that boy? Pleeease!

Let's have a Highland Fold, please.
    '

Highland Fold:

Barbaro is doing fantastic today. He's been laying down & getting up with no problems and even scratched at his left ear with his left hind leg, leaving him standing solely on the right hind leg, which just had surgery on it. I'm so thrilled!!!

Can I see a Siberian next?

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRechelle
    I didn't even know about it. How much is the entry fee or is there a website I can go look at? I'd love to go!

Sorry, I forgot to give the site where all the shows are listed...
    CFA shows are listed at http://www.cfainc.org/exhibitors/show-schedule.html
    Tica shows are listed at : http://home.flash.net/~debreed/calendar.htm

Oh! Do you have a pic of that boy? Pleeease!

It's not a very good pic, but I do have one His curls don't look very good in the photo, as he's been romping and playing and generally getting dirty... but once he's bathed and properly groomed, he looks great. He's got a super personality and he has very good type and I'm anxious to see how he'll do in the shows. It's been a while since I've been able to show due to moving around so much and this is my first litter of selkirks in quite a while.

I'm still trying to decide what to name this boy... I've named his longhaired curly red sisters Lucille McCurl and Curly Temple... but he and his white short haired curly sister still don't have names. My cattery name is Cutetins, which will be the prefix on their registrations... so I just need to figure out what to call these other two kids.
    Attached Images Attached Images