Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know it's routine, but I'm going to faint

I know it's routine, but I'm going to faint

Reece is going in for his teeth cleaning tomorrow

I am so freaked out. I have already called them and bugged them 7 times in the last 2 weeks making sure that everything will be okay. I have to drop him off by 8am in the morning and can't pick him up until sometime between 4 and 6. I am so scared. Ugh uggggggggggh ugh!!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Hang in there. It will be fine. Killian has had it done so many times!!! It'll be over before you know it! Good luck!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Now, how's Reece supposed to be a brave big boy when mama's all scaredy cat? Give hima tummy skritch, tell not to bite any of the white-caots, and he'll have an even prettier smile when he's done.

All will be well, I am sure!

Good luck Aly and Reece!

Try not to worry too much, I know it's easier said than done. It doesn't matter how routine things are I also tend to become a nervous wreck!

Former User Guest
    Good luck, Reece will be just fine! And so will you!

Best of luck to mr. Reece man. I will be thinking about you and Reecie today. I hope that everything goes fine, I know it will.

Reece will have the most beautiful smile when he's all done! I can't imagine Reece being any cuter then he is, he's such a little doll, but after today, he'll get EVEN CUTER!!!!!

Best of luck, Mr. Reece Man. Please let us know how it went when you find out, Aly.

I'll be thinking of little Reece today too. Tell him that I have an appointment to have my teeth cleaned tomorrow (Thursday) so we have something in common.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    I'm sure you and Reece will be just fine and Reece will come with a smile like this

Good luck Reece Man! He will do just fine. Aly, Ya gotta be brave for the boy.

We're thinking of Reece here too. My Bailey and Tizzie had their teeth cleaned many times. Other than the damage to my checkbook, we never had a problem, even when they were oldies. But I know of what you speak ....the worry. There just isn't any way around it.

Well we're going out the door now. I have about 3 pieces of gum in my mouth so he won't be able to tell how nervous I am. This crying can't be helping any though.

Thanks for the support. I know I'm being a baby about it. But I really am worried about if he'll have to throw up, what will happen? Because he does throw up bile sometimes and did 5 times Monday morning. I am going to talk to them about this.
    Alyson

Oh Aly, I wanted to wish you well before you left. But I know that by the time you are reading this, the Reece Man will be snoozing off his sleepies, safe in his Mommy's arms! I too worry about any anesthesia given to the kids. But my vet has assured me that the sedation that is now used for teeth cleaning is VERY safe and "light." Of course we all worry about aspirating when any creature is sedated. But Aly, although I doubt they put in a breathing tube for this procedure, the way they position the head (to the side) helps to prevent anything from traveling down his airway. And suction is RIGHT THERE ready to suck up any mucus or vomitus. And Reece was kept N.P.O. (nothing by mouth) since last night, so there really isn't much in his stomach to "come up." I'm sure they'll reassure you with this info. when you get there. We are all anxiously awaiting the good news that the precious Reece Man, with his dazzling, white smile, and his loving Mom are "resting comfortably!!" We love you guys!! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh, poor little reece man. I know you'll be just fine. I'll be thinking of you today. Give us an update as soon as you can.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I'm not going into work today. I dont think I would be able to function properly. I already warned them that I probably wouldn't be coming 2 weeks ago when I made the appointment. They are used to my crazy hysterics by now. Besides there's 2 dogs at work that break my heart totally to pieces and I can't bear to see them today feeling like this already.

The nurse told me that there actually will be a tube down his throat. I've had a sore throat since last night. Sympathy pains? I hope I don't pass out when they put him under the anesthisia.. heh just kidding. She said that they give them morphine and that makes them really nauseous so if they're going to throw up at all, they do it right then.

Reece was shaking like a leaf when I left. The expression on his face when he was in the vet tech's arms is frozen in my head. He looked so sad like he was asking me why I was leaving him. I get to pick him up at 5. Only 9 more hours to go............
    Alyson

Oh, Aly, relax. He will be fine, and he will have such beautiful teeth!! You are so sweet to worry so much, but your Reece will be fine, I'm sure of it!!!

I'm taking Butter in to have his teeth cleaned (and hopefully his terrible breath improved ), and I hadn't bothered to worry!! I was thinking more that we ought to take a picture of him in a calm state for a change! LOL! I'm just trying to lighten the mood a bit....sorry. You know I love my Butter Man with all my heart. I'm going to have the vet clip his claws for me while he is under too, plus give him the overdue shots! I figure if I take him in, first thing in the morning, I'm bound to be able to catch him before it is time for the doctor to do his thing at noon. He is such an escape artist!

Just take a deep breath. Your boy will be fine. But we'll keep both of you in our prayers and thoughts, all day, just to be on the safe side!!!