Thread: new breeds at my dog park

new breeds at my dog park

Three newcomers to my local dog park today, two Vallhunds and a Chinese Foo dog, which I mistakenly guessed were corgi mixes and a Buhund, oops . New breeds I get to add to my I've-seen-them-in-person list. One I didn't mistake though was a new Yorkie to the park, it was 15" in height (as big as my cocker spaniel) can we say puppy mill. Didn't get pics today, but new ones are coming.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Dog Breeds

I have a Shiba Inu, and she's the "different" breed at the dog park! Everyone loves that she's different and can actually see what a Shiba looks like. Many have heard of the breed or seen them on TV, but not in person. I've seen so many, being a first time pet owner, and I'm LOVING it! She's a Cream Shiba if you're interested! --Karen
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a cutie! We have lots of Shibas in our area. Autumn likes to play with them because they usually aren't so rambunctious as some of the other breeds. I love how they carry their tails straight up sometimes. BTW welcome to PT. Of course we'll all expect more piccys of your little one in dog general.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Always fun when you can check another one off the list! Among the more unusual in our neighborhood is a bicolor sheltie and we several great Pyrenese, I love them! There is a shiba in my neighborhood also!

Niño & Eliza

Re: Dog Breeds

Originally posted by ShibaOwner
    I have a Shiba Inu, and she's the "different" breed at the dog park! Everyone loves that she's different and can actually see what a Shiba looks like. Many have heard of the breed or seen them on TV, but not in person. I've seen so many, being a first time pet owner, and I'm LOVING it! She's a Cream Shiba if you're interested! --Karen

omg your shiba is soooo cute!!
    Alot of shiba's live in my area. we have like three breeders within a 4 hours drive radius. I have been cinsidering them as my next breed for a while. I would get a cream colored one like yours. lol
    The cinnamon colored ones are really common around here, I have yet to see a black and tan one.

I love them, they remind me of little huskies..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Jesse isn't the strngest breed, but the strangest dog. She has three legs!
    Welcome to Pet Talk BTW!

I have never heard of a yorkie 15" tall! That is insane, and I have never heard of Chinese Foo dogs! Lol! I need an update on the dog breeds!

Sushi is a Shiba Inu and is definitely the "odd" one out, lol. Is it a fox? Is it a husky? What is it?? lol

When we have several Shibas running around, it's hilarious to see the looks on people's faces. They must think a pack (?) of foxes have been let loose!

Bonnie & Sushi

Niño played with a turvuren last time at the dog park.

Niño & Eliza

there was a very large yorkie that boarded at the vet i use to work at, he was about 15" too, very big guy but very adorable!!

there is a shiba that goes to the dog park i use to go to, totally adorable lil dude