Thread: Animal Precinct

Animal Precinct

hey you guys, have you ever watched this show on Animal Planet?? It's called Animal Precinct. I didn't think that I wanted to watch it but I did and it was amazing. I just can't believe that the ASPCA has such patience with these disgusting owners. Before that I watched Animal Vets and I had to look away a few times on some of the surgeries. One dog had gotten hit by a car and he was banged up pretty good and the vet bills totaled over $8,000 and the news did a story on it and a whole bunch of people came forward to help and this one guy heard about the story and pretty much footed the whole bill. How amazing is that??
    Carla
    Personalized Pet Mats by Carla

Carla's Web Page
    http://communities.msn.com/doyourselfafavor

I have watched a few minutes of the show, but I can't watch it very long because I get too mad and too depressed at the evilness in this world. I do, however, like the fact that there are people out there that are willing to make these peoples' lives miserable. I also can't watch the vet show because I can't see an animal suffer. I have always been that way, in fact, when I was a little kid my parents wouldn't take me to Disney movies because I would always cry hysterically and when my mom would tell me the story of the 3 little kittens and she would get to the part that said "and they began to cry" I would start to cry! lol

I do love that channel though. I like the funniest pets and the Breed All About It. I have learned more interesting stuff about different breeds watching that show.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

What a great show!! Over the holidays they aired Animal Precinct "marathons." I couldn't stop watching!! Although the beahvior of these monsters sickens me, it is so EXCITING to see officers with full "police power" and armed with weapons risk everything to nab these vermon! And they take their work VERY seriously!! These criminals get charged with felonies, long prison sentences and huge fines. They officers are so dedicated. I love the recent episodes concerning their work rescuing lost and injured pets following the 9/11 attack. In another case, a man was arrested at his home for abusing his cat. Seems he thought a good way to "punish" her for scratching him was to burn her paws by holding them over a candle flame. When he took her to the vet for her checkup, the tech. was concerned over the paw injury. The creep actually admitted what he had done; and saw nothing wrong with it!!!!! The vet reported him to the police! As he was handcuffed and taken away in the police car, he asked the officer..."This is a misdemeanor, right?" She replied "No, sir. You are being charged with a felony." He couldn't believe it. He was given a 2,000 fine and 1 yr. in prison!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I agree it is a good program, and necessary program
    to show the public animal abuse & neglect will be taken
    seriously. I also agree that I personally cannot watch it
    very often because of the absolute ignorance & stupitity
    of some of the so-called 'human' caregivers. It makes me
    sad and angry that I can't personally be their judge and
    jury....

Oh I just love animal planet and all the shows they have on. Purrfectpaws, you must have been watching last night!! LOL The emergency vets was especially inspiring...just knowing that poor dog made it through such a bad accident is amazing! I'm addicted to that show too!
    Animal Precinct is an addictive show and it has really gotten me interested in the animal control field. I think it would feel so great to save innocent lives from the clutches of neglectful people. It's amazing that there are only 10 animal cruelty agents in a city as large as New York!! I really admire those people...
    Sandra, I missed the marathon!!! Bummer! I would have been glued to my TV screen! LOL LOL The hubby just rolls his eyes at me whenever I turn the TV to animal planet...How rude...LOL LOL Just kiddin'

Animal Precinct is a GREAT show. Officer Annemarie Lucas is my hero!!!!!!! I love her. Whenever I see this show, I go into work with a new strength and determination. I hate to see the cruelty cases we have at the shelter because I feel so bad. But I just try to concentrate on the animal's future instead of past.

I'm extremely sensitive and cry even at commercials. I've been trying to toughen myself up and so I do watch this show sometimes. I try to only watch the tame ones. I never watch them if they're too graphic. I can't watch Emergency Vets at all, but sometimes I'll listen to it while I am at my computer. Then I turn around at the very end to see the animal when its all better

I cry my heart out when I watch Animal Precinct, but it just fuels the fire inside me to try to save as many helpless animals as I can.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

animal precinct

I love watching that show! Those poor animals on there, I just can't believe anyone would treat them so awful, people just don't have respect for animals. They are like kids and should be treated so.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I LOVE that show!!! I watch it a lot!

One of of the people that works for the ASPCA, Annmarie Lucas , when I grow up, I'm going to be just like her! The people who work at the ASPCA are truley blessed!

Love,
    Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Aly, I totally agree, Officer Annmarie Lucas, is also my hero!!! I love her! She is a wonderful person!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I watch the show sometimes.. but there is times where they go into places where they fight dogs and find dead pit bull bodies... i just cry.. i can stand toi watch the show sometimes.

Oh my goodness. That is exactly why I can't watch those shows! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT GUY HELD THAT POOR KITTYS PAWS OVER A CANDLE . I could not finish reading your posts they make me cry . But I am also glad there are people out there catching the horrible animal hurters. Sometimes I wish I could have millions of dollars just to take in all the unwanted and abused animals. I know I would make them happy I love animals sooooo much.

love the animal planet!!!!! love animal precinct...though some of it is difficult to watch....it does have a place...the word needs to be spread that we will not tolerate animal cruelty....on monday 03/11 they are airing a new episode of animal planet...with new stories.....stay tuned!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

We should do some research and see if we can't find an email address for the NYASPCA and send AnnMarie an ecard and tell her what the people on PetTalk think of her...I know that I always like to hear what a good job I'm doing.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

"Scoop" on Animal Precinct...

Here are some links to interesting pages about the Animal Precinct show...

"Animal Planet brings this group's heroic efforts to light with "Animal Precinct". Narrated by Michael Madsen, this 15-part half-hour series will chronicle the drama, emotion, triumph and tragedy of the work of the agents of the ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement Department (HLE), the only law enforcement group in New York City solely devoted to investigating crimes against New York's animal population."

ASPCA page about HLE Officers. Note click links in right column to "Animal Precinct".

"The ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement (HLE) agents investigate and enforce animal cruelty laws in New York State only. Animal cruelty laws vary from state to state and the agency responsible for investigating cases may vary from county to county. Cruelty can range from neglect (failure to provide food, water, shelter or necessary medical care) to intentional abuse, torture or death.

HLE agents, operating out of the ASPCA headquarters in New York City, are New York State peace officers possessing full power to arrest. The 14 uniformed and plainclothes officers investigate more than 4,000 cases per year. The department has participated in several joint operations with the New York City Police Department (NYPD) and the New York State Parole Board to apprehend suspected animal abusers, including the organizers of cock and dog fighting rings."

"Humane Law Enforcement Agents & Department"; The "Animal Precinct" Officers (like Annemarie Lucas) {Wow! She's a Cutie } are employed by the NYC Office of the ASPCA and have jurisdiction throughout New York State.

As for e-mailing Annemarie, try this link from the NY ASPCA:
    NY ASPCA Enforcement

And last; here's the home page for the "Animal Precinct" show on Animal Planet:
    Animal Planet's "Animal Precinct" Show Home Page

Enjoy!
    /s/ Phred, the "Dad" to Cinder & Smokey

the Rescued & Adopted FurKids of *Phred*

Thanks Phred for posting that for us. I tried to email Annemarie so I will see if that goes through.
    Carla
    Personalized Pet Mats by Carla

Carla's Web Page
    http://communities.msn.com/doyourselfafavor