View Poll Results: When you need to wake up at a certain time do you...

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Set the alarm clock for the exact time and get up when it goes off

18 25.00%
  • Set the alarm clock early and hit the snooze button a few times

41 56.94%
  • No alarm clock required, you just wake up on time

7 9.72%
  • Other (post)

6 8.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waking up

Waking up

Just for fun.

I definitely require an alarm clock to wake up at a specific time! I am sooooooooooooooooo not a morning person! I actually have 2 to double the annoyance if I really need to wake up early. I set it for an 30 min-1 hour earlier than I actually need to get up and hit snooze. Pathetic, huh?

I meant to post other. I can not ever get up in the morning. Thae only way is for planes and horse shows. I have had 4 detentions this last school year for unexcused lates. The whole morning I am half sleeping through classes. I am uncomfortable all night, but in the mornig hours, (dawn to whenever I wake up, sometimes noon) I feel so comfortable I feel like I could never ever move! My waking hours in the summer are one in the afternoon to 3 am usually.

Niņo & Eliza

I'm usually wake before my alarm goes off (sucks so much) I can't even sleep in on my days off (really really sucks)

I'd much rather have it that way!

Niņo & Eliza

I'm not sure you would. My dad can't sleep much at all, not past 5 usually. He tries to take rests but sometimes it doesn't work. So he always gets up early in the morning, and that wakes my mom up and then she can't get back to sleep.

As for me, I voted setting the clock early.

I can wake up VERY easily if I need to. I.E. Last summer, I slept in the basement alot, and Major woud bark around 7, 8 in the morning, because he was usually twisted around the tree. So I would get up, I could be awake before the first bark ended, and up before the second started. So I always took him off his cable and whatever, and that happened most days. I think that was pretty good considering most of those nights I had gone to bed between 2-4:30.

However, I LOVE to sleep. If I don't have to, I don't want to get up.

During school, I don't want to get up. If I *have* to, then I will, very easily. But if I can scratch off a few minutes, then I will gladly.

Last year I was late a few times because I went to bed too late and set my alarm a tad too early. The alarm was like Major's barking, I'd be awake in record time. Well, at least my arm would, and I would shut off the alarm.

There were many morning that I SWORE my alarm clock didn't go off, but I think it had. I just hit "Alarm" and it went off, and I went back to sleep. I think its only logical that it went off, but I sure had my mornings when I completely did not ever remember. Haha.

Well, the thing with that is, I knew I could just make the alarm clock go off with a simple hand gesture, so why get up if I didn't have to?? Haha.

Some nights when I left homework until the morning I set my alarm early and slept backwards to make sure I got up. It went off every morning so that is why I'm sure it had gone off the other mornings.

I have figured out the buttons on my alarm clock, and it's kind of confusing. I don't know the difference between "Alarm" "Sleep" and "Snooze". I only know that by hitting "Alarm" it won't go off again until the next morning.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I set my alarm on my cell phone for five minutes earlier than I want to wake up at. I leave that by my head (just to make sure I can hear it). Then I set my regular alarm clock for the actual time I want to wake up at. Sometimes I sleep right through both of them. During the school year, I was convinced that both were broken.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I'm almost like a dead person when I sleep, so it takes SEVERAL hits of the snooz button...on SUPER LOUD.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I'm almost like a dead person when I sleep, so it takes SEVERAL hits of the snooz button...on SUPER LOUD.
    Yeah, I can sleep through almost anything too!

I HATE beeping noises, and HATE waking up, so the alarm clock is my worst enemy!

Niņo & Eliza

LOL! When I'm comfortable in bed, the LAST thing I want to do is get out! The worst are winter mornings. When its COLD outside of bed, I do NOT want to get out.....so I stay there much longer than I should.

When I have to wake up at a certain time, I set my alarm for 15 minutes earlier. It takes 3 snooze button hits to wake me up...and sometimes, even that doesn't work. Sometimes my mom has to wake me. What's funny is.....SOMETIMES I intend to log on in the morning to talk to a PT'er, and when THAT is on my mind, I can wake up without an alarm clock. How weird is that??? Otherwise, I am NOT a morning person.

No snooze button for me, I figure I'll get up and get it over with! Usually I wake up just before the clock goes off or Mandy wakes me up.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am not a morning person either! I set my alarm a bit early and then hit the snooze button several times before I get up. I hate getting out of bed and wish I could just sleep and sleep...lol.

Originally posted by Corinna
    I'm usually wake before my alarm goes off (sucks so much) I can't even sleep in on my days off (really really sucks)
    Me too!

I'm "other" because I am soooo not a morning person. I never even HEAR the alarm go off -- I'm a sound sleeper. Hubby has the alarm go off every morning, and only MAYBE once a month I hear it. He gets up, dresses and heads out to work. I wake up maybe an hour or so later. Sometimes MUCH later . Thankfully I have a job where I work from home, and if I sleep late... nohbody knows.

I NEED an alarm clock.
    My alarm clock is my radio, and the second the dogs hear my radio click on they jump up and tell me to wake up.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I haven't used an alarm clock since Jonah was born! Who needs one, since his internal clock 'rings' around 6am everyday!