View Poll Results: Do you watch reality tv???

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 34.69%
  • No

21 42.86%
  • Occasionally

11 22.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reality TV????

The shows go to far anymore. They aren't 'reality' shows, they are surreal episodes.

I watched a documentary on Reality TV. It isn't reality at all. It is more like live acting, taken to a bizarre level. It is so scripted, and contrived. Even those judge shows! As much as I like to watch them when I am home early enough. I had a client that was on one, and he told me he was totally coached to be super duper irrational, emotional, etc. Total acting.

But, it is entertainment, afterall.

I love reality shows. Thats almost all I watch, besides 7th Heaven. I watch as many as I can. My favorites are American Idol, INXS-- I think Mig or Marty is going to win it. My favorite girl on the show is Jordis.. I also like Nashville Star, Amazing Race, Surreal Life, and a few others too.

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I watched a documentary on Reality TV. It isn't reality at all. It is more like live acting, taken to a bizarre level. It is so scripted, and contrived. Even those judge shows! As much as I like to watch them when I am home early enough. I had a client that was on one, and he told me he was totally coached to be super duper irrational, emotional, etc. Total acting.
    Which is why I made the comment I made about it not being "real" You just said it much better than I did.

I'm not so much into the ones where there's a lot of fighting and back stabbing and such. Lil' too much real life for me. I normaly like more uplifting, escapism type TV.

I did enjoy Dancing with the Stars. I just loved John O'Hurley on this. He and Charlotta was robbed, I tell ya, not to have won. I also watched Show Dog's Moms and Dads. Mainly for the dogs. I wouldn't have watched it otherwise. And I'll admit I did watch some of Chasing Farrah. For the flake factor mainly.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

We watch some reality TV. My favorites are "Amazing Race" and "American Idol." We are also enjoying "So You Think You Can Dance."

Originally posted by Cataholic
    The shows go to far anymore. They aren't 'reality' shows, they are surreal episodes.

But, it is entertainment, afterall.
    Got to agree with you there. It is just contrived drama, and I don't think it's even remotely entertaining.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

I love reality TV, I just seem to watch them whether they are good or not, I like to watch a programme where it does not matter if you miss a word or two, not having to concentrate on the story line sometimes, and Reality TV is good for that, I still like mystery's and other TV where you brain is a bit challenged as well, but for chilling out when I am tired Reality TV does it for me.

I gave up on Fear Factor, I got sick of all the plastic fantastic girls on it, and i was offended by the live bug eating, I considered that cruel and distasteful excuse the pun, although I did love Joe the presentor , he was a kewl dude.

Survivor I just got fed up with , too many of them, but I do enjoy The Apprentice, I never really got into the first couple of them , but now I hate to miss it, so video it to make sure.

Right now we are being overloaded with people helping people to raise their unruly kids, Supernanny, which I do enjoy, Little Angels and even a NZ one, just too many of the same kind of programmes on at once.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by petslover
    I love reality shows. Thats almost all I watch, besides 7th Heaven. I watch as many as I can. My favorites are American Idol, INXS-- I think Mig or Marty is going to win it. My favorite girl on the show is Jordis.. I also like Nashville Star, Amazing Race, Surreal Life, and a few others too.
    I totally agree!!!!

I rarely watch TV at all. I watch the news, a few programs on Animal Planet and I love HGTV, Discovery Health and TLC. I could do without most of the channels that are on my TV.