View Poll Results: Do you watch reality tv???

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 34.69%
  • No

21 42.86%
  • Occasionally

11 22.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality TV????

Reality TV????

Do you enjoy reality TV????

Does anyone here watch Rockstar INXS??? I really love that show but then again i am the biggest . Hahahaha..well if anyone here happens to watch it who is your favorite???? Mine probably has to be Mig.....What do you think???

I also watch Big Brother, Survivor and all that other stuff. Hahahaha!

I love it! My favorite used to be Survivor but it's run it's course, I'm afraid. I love BB. Wasn't it good last night? Too bad Janelle is only HOH for such a short time. If you really love reality tv, go to this website: www.fansofrealitytv.com

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I love Survivor and can't wait for it to come back on.

I haven't watched a sitcom in ages...I watch Survivor, and shows on discovery and TLC..like Miami Ink, OCC...stuff that is real life...and you get to watch

Well it is a good thing that Janelle won last night but i agree it is too bad that she only gets to be HOH for such a short amount of time but at least she made a good decision about the noimanies(sp). And have you hears about he new Survivor coming out??? It in Guetamala......I guess it will be cool.......
    O thanks for the link im going to check it out right now!!!!!

I may be in the wrong place, but I can't stand reality tv...

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I've never watched any of them except for Fear Factor. The commercials bug the crap out of me, so, I imagine the shows would be excruciating. I have been known to catch a couple of those extremely late night dating shows, like elimidate, blind date, the fifth wheel, etc...but, only because I used to be up til the wee hours of the morning, and, only had four or five channels, and, that's just what was on.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I hate reality TV! First, there's nothing "real" about it. Second, it's everywhere and it's the main reason I don't watch tv.

Originally posted by finn's mom
    elimidate, blind date, the fifth wheel, etc...but, only because I used to be up til the wee hours of the morning, and, only had four or five channels, and, that's just what was on.
    I'm sorry, you're right, I have been known to watch those shows once in a while. Sometimes when I can't sleep...they can be interesting sometimes.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by JenBKR
    I'm sorry, you're right, I have been known to watch those shows once in a while. Sometimes when I can't sleep...they can be interesting sometimes.
    Ha ha, yeah, I know. I always have to have a tv or radio on, and, I'd either go to sleep watching those things, or I'd wake up in the middle of the night, and, they'd be on. And, those are easy to watch, because it's several mini stories in thirty minutes. It's not a continuous, soap-opera like drama that lasts an hour, and, you have to watch every episode or whatever. I don't like to watch anything where I have to come back every week. I love movies, don't know what I'd do without them...but, I watch very little television.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by finn's mom
    Ha ha, yeah, I know. I always have to have a tv or radio on, and, I'd either go to sleep watching those things, or I'd wake up in the middle of the night, and, they'd be on. And, those are easy to watch, because it's several mini stories in thirty minutes. It's not a continuous, soap-opera like drama that lasts an hour, and, you have to watch every episode or whatever. I don't like to watch anything where I have to come back every week. I love movies, don't know what I'd do without them...but, I watch very little television.
    They are good 'insomnia' shows. Sometimes you have to put to much time into shows to know what's going on from week to week. I do like crime dramas (Law & Order SVU, etc.) but if you miss a show you're not lost!

I like Survivor and the Amazing Race. I used to watch Fear Factor, but I got bored of it. Oh yeah, I'll occaisonally watch the Surreal Life, but only if I'm bored and there's nothing else on.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    I hate reality TV! First, there's nothing "real" about it. Second, it's everywhere and it's the main reason I don't watch tv.
    I disagree about there being nothing "real" about it. Personally I like the music shows like INXS and American Idol. You can't really fake a talent....I guess if you lipsync you can. Anyway I have to say I love the music shows. I also like Fear Factor, I would NEVER make it on the show but still it's interesting what people will do for money.

I don't consider most reality show reality... how real can they be when people are manipulated by the producers every step of the way? Though right now the kids have me addicted to MTV's 70s House... what a hoot watching those spoiled kids make fools of themselves!

As for show on TLC and such - those are more like what we used to call documentaries... where we take an in depth look into how someone works and what they do, etc. These are more real than any reality TV show ever will be. I love TLC, the History channel, Discovery Health, etc. I often forgo sitcoms and such to watch a dicumentary on one of those channels. Last night it was a show about a woman who lost 300 pounds - how amazing!

I'm not a reality tv fan at all... I watched The Apprentice and American Idol, and I really liked them, but I never watched Survivor or that kind of things...They are great when you're really bored...

Reality tv shows the lack of creativity on the producers... Why can't they think of something new??
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

I'll admit to watching the show Cheaters on late at night. Some of the people they have on that show are sooooo stupid!! I wonder what planet they found these people on

I like Fear Factor, its about the only one I watch on a regular basis. The Apprentice was pretty ok, I had to watch it as part of a college class. I like American Idol too, some of the talent is phenominal (although Im still convinced that the voting is all based on image) Most others seem pretty hokey.

Give me a show on any of the Discovery channels any day though! I was watching Animal Planet (my favorite out of all the discovery stations) the other day and they had a show on about bloodsucking critters (Like ticks, misquitos etc. They even had on a finch on the galopagos that pecks at other birds and eats blood!) and then right after they had a show about insects. Facinating stuff!