Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pray for my dad

Pray for my dad

A few years ago, he was having to go to Moffit Cancer center because he was making too many red blood cells. That was under control and not too dangerous. They told him if it ever went to making too many white blood cells that would probably mean Leukemia and the life expectancy from that would be three months. Well, mom just got back with him from the doctor and his body is making too many white blood cells. We are not telling him that because he has been doing a little better while using oxygen at night. Now he has to have a bunch of tests to find out if it is Leukemia. I feel kind of guilty because I haven't enjoyed spending time with him lately. He won't do anything for himself and just sits all day and watches tv and eats there, too. He gets me and mom to do everything for him. I want to scream at him to get up and walk some before you aren't able to do it any more. I just hate that he won't do anything for himself that would help him. I get angry at him because I know he's not helping himself this way. So now, I need to ask for patience because I don't know what the future holds.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

That must be terrible for everyone! (((((HUGS))))) to you.

Prayers and thoughts are being sent to you and your father.

Steph and Jes

Prayers and thoughts sent to you and your father

Oh Val, I am so sorry. I can understand your frustration at him expecting your mom and you to do everything, and I'm sure you feel guilty now for being frustrated with him. ((HUGS))

I'll send lots of prayers for him and your family.

{{{Hugs Val}}} Lots of prayers on the way for you and your dad.

Prayers on the way. (((hugs)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Val his inability to do much may be due to depression about his illness. I would overlook it and do all that I could for him. Should his diagnosis of leukemia be correct, God forbid, you will be able to know that you showed him love all through his illness.

Val, I went through the same type of thing with my mom, she had bad arthritis all her life. I would lose patience with her sometimes when I felt like she could do more.

When she died I felt guilty about those thoughts and times I showed it. You can never get this time back even if its not leukemia he is not getting any younger and you will probably be like me and keep mulling it all over. Tell him you love him as much as you can.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

((((Val))))

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Is has to be so hard for each of you, in different ways. You so want to see your dad enjoy the life he HAS. But you have to remember that people deal with things differently.

Hon, don't let up on him. I know my positive attitude in relation to my illness is because my family is like you. Live life to its fullest...

I'll pray for patience as well. This has to be hard for you to watch.

I'm on a drug used to treat leukemia. Its very strong and is for my Crohn's. My body metabolizes it well, luckily. Its called Mercaptopurine. It helps the body create less white blood cells, thus slowing my IBD...or Leukemia in your dad's case. When you get the results, will you let us know? Maybe this drug can help your dad too?

Hugs and love,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

prayers being sent!

I really feel you, val! my father is just like this, physically not exactly like yours yet...but as he is getting older.. makes me sadder. I'm not good with ingoring my guilty that way but just remember, what he did to you wasn't great. you had your right avoiding him, it can be happier and devastated at the same time.

hope something will come up for the best very soon, many hugs!!

..gina
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh, god, Valerie, I'm so sorry to hear that your dad is so sick. My brother had leukemia when he was a child, I don't remember it much, though. I'm sorry that you feel your patience wearing thin with him. He's dealing with it the way he knows how to, just as you're dealing with it the only way you know. Just do your best, no one can expect any more out of you than that. I'll be thinking of you both...
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Thats terrible

I do hope he gets better.

But u have to see it from his point of view. All he sees in his future is nothing, but pain. Just from reading ur above post, it seems likes hes suken into depression & a bad on too.

My grandma did the samething & my dad is having to fight with her childness everyday, but he knows its not her fault. & he just ignors her when shes acting that way.

But hes found that sitting inthe same room with her has helped her alot. He'll sit in his chair & watch whatever shes watching & tries to be interested in it like she is.

No grandma talks alot & is finally going outside for walks with dad & loosing weight.

Try just sitting in the same room alot with him & see if he perks up a bit.

Prayers and good thoughts on the way from Tennessee, Val, along with lots of hugs.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

HUG HUG HUG HUG
    Prayers winging their way to you and your family.