Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Success!!!

Success!!!

Well, I had to give Puddy her SQ fluids again today and again, the needle came out because she thrashed and actually took off running! But I caught her and I heard Dr. LeBeau's words "you can't hurt her", so I put the needle back in and it worked this time. I took his advice and put her on the floor instead of my massage table and I placed her on a soft microfiber blanket so that she'd be more comfortable. So I actually straddled her but didn't put my weight on her, of course. (She's only 5 1/2 lbs. LOL) Whew! Gonna go have my nervous breakdown now.

Blessings,
    M

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We knew you could do it! No injuries to yourself I hope.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Wow- that's so great. I missed that you had tried to do it yourself

I know what you're talking about. My Filou (7,5 lb) can develop the force of a lion plus the wiggle talent of a snake if you want to pill him or whatever.

It must be so much less stress for Puddy- it's only 2 minutes and no drive to the vet

YEAH!!!!!!
    Gotta love the straddle postion. Doing that with Thumper while taking her temp. Nothing like seeing a wiggle butt LOL
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I must've looked comical, I can tell ya. But I know that part of making Puddy relax is relaxing myself. And I prayed before I started as before only this time I said the prayer of Jabez. Don't want to get preachy here but the last line of it says "...that your (God's) hand would be with me and that you would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain ". It worked!

Blessings,
    M

Blog Entries

Success!

My KatMa and Paw-Paw are applauding you right now. My KatMa knows first hand this is never easy to do [unless you are the veterinarian, of course!].

Puddy must be feeling soooo much better now that fluids are in her purrecious body.

Many purrrrrrrs from me on a job well done!

I just delicately drank a bowl of 5% cream [about 1.50 ounces] so KatMa is feeling much happier now. Me too 'cause before this KatMa gave me my appetite stimulant and I hate, abhor, detest taking this.

Purrrs from Sasha

p.s.: the excerpt of The Prayer of Jabez may have helped but, mew-mew, I think the Great Cat Goddess Bastet may be helping too.
    Last edited by sasha the cat; 08-19-2005 at 10:31 AM.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

What fantastic news! Oh I am so happy for you that you managed to do this yourself. It must be much less stressful for Puddy.

Yes, I'm sure it's less stressful for Pud. As soon as she sees the carrier, she starts to cry. And she knows when she sees Dr. Lee that Mom is leaving for a while, poor little girl. She hates the treatment but she hates it even more when she has to get into that carrier.

Dr. LeBeau told me that I can give her some condensed milk, too, so I'm going to get some now. She's on an appetite stimulant, too, but she doesn't seem to mind this one. Before she was on Prednisolone and she detested that. I got more on her than in her.

Sooooo glad that Sasha is feeling better and lapping up the yummy stuff. Now if I could just get Creamsicle to stop the incessant yowling.....!

Blessings,
    M

Mary, So glad to know you nd Puddy are more comfortable with the fluid shots. And so good to hear she is doing better with all your love and support. May she continue to improve and get better and be back to her normal feisty self before long. Continued prayers and get well vibes from all of us.

((((((((((HUS)))))))))

You and Puddy are doing great.

Michelle & the girls

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

My vet told me (and you may remember Filou is a kidney patient too) that of course they need diet food, but it is important that they don't loose weight.

Filou did not eat the Hill's k/d (although I know some kitties love it) but he eats the Royal Canin Renal food. He even liked it better than his brother's normal food and I'm glad about that because I still can feed them together.

Wow, thanx for that info! Puddy refuses to eat the kd. Dr. Lee said that she ate a whole bowlful of it and I said "Yeah, after 4 days of not eating and being in a cage and not having a choice." He said "Yeah, you're right." Both he and Dr. LeBeau said that, if she won't eat it, let her eat the Purina Cat Chow. Otherwise she'll lose weight and get worse. And Puddy is not a candidate for force feeding. Peeka was but it still didn't work. I'm going to try some of the other stuff and see what happens.

Blessings,
    M

Oh Mary, I'm so glad you were successful with the fluids. Continued prayers coming your way.

slick
    xo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

That's good news. Well done! I'd hate to have to do that.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Continued prayers and good wishes to enable to keep administering the fluids. You are doing great!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

It's funny, I've been stressing over having to administer the fluids again and here was the day already! So I decided "Look, this is ridiculous. Other people on PT have done it, your vets tell you that you can do it. You're not hurting her, you're helping her. Just do it already!" So I did. And she didn't make a peep. She did put up a little bit of a fuss when she realized what was going to happen. But when I put the needle in, she didn't move and she didn't make a sound. It went so fast, I could hardly believe it. When it was finished, I kissed her and said "Good girl, Puddy. I'm so proud of you." and she immediately ran under the bed. But she came out shortly and came up to me for a noggin noogie, so I guess she realizes that she feels better afterwards and all is forgiven. Can't wait to see what her levels are next week when I take her in to Dr. Lee for her checkup!

Blessings,
    M