Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Halo needs PT prayers

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Halo is going to the white coats on Wednesday (9/28) to have her blood retested and an ultrasound. We're praying that her bloodwork will be closer to "normal" and that the liver tumor is just a ball of fat growing on the outside of the liver and not inside. (This was Dr. Priddy's diagnosis). I'll keep you posted.

Halo has been feeling well. She plays like normal. Maybe she sleeps a little more. She's never been a big eater, so I can't tell a difference in her eating habits. Dr. Townsend was concerned that she was losing weight. Now I ask you... Does this kitty look underfed to you?

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I would say that she looks pretty well fed and happy. Hope all goes well with the bloodwork and hoping for just a ball of fat on the outside.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

She looks good to me. I hope all her tests come out fine.

I will -- best of luck to you !

I am hoping and praying that Halo continues to get better. She looks adorable in that last picture! Too cute... but still waiting for the video of her playing with the corks!

Continue to keep us posted please!

Here's keeping pingers and faws crossed that all goes well at the vet's.

Blessings,
    Mary

I think she looks great. All fingers and paws are crossed here for good blood test and ultrasound results. Good luck.

Gorgeous cuddly kitty, not underfed! Hope all goes well on 28th.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Halo's vet appointment went very well. The ultrasound shows that the tumor is just a ball of fat growing on top of the liver and not inside. It also appears to have shrunk some since last month. The best news of all is the bloodwork.

ALT ~ An enzyme normally present in liver and heart cells that is released into the bloodstream when the liver or heart is damaged. The blood ALT levels are elevated with liver damage (for example, from viral hepatitis) or with an insult to the heart (for example, from a heart attack). Some medications can also raise ALT levels. ALT is also called serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase (SGPT).
    Normal range is 10-100. Halo's in August: 131 In September: 35

AST ~ Also an enzyme found in the liver, red blood cells (RBCs) and in muscle tissue; damage to any of these can result in increased levels of AST in the blood. An elevation in AST signifies more severe damage to the cells than an elevation in ALT. AST was previously called serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT).
    Normal range is 10-100. Halo's in August: 272 In September: 17

CPK ~ Is an enzyme which is very useful for diagnosing diseases of the heart and skeletal muscle. This enzyme is the first to be elevated after a heart attack (3 to 4 hours). If CPK is high in the absence of heart muscle injury, this is a strong indication of skeletal muscle disease.
    Normal range is 56-529. Halo's in August: 29,748 !! In September: 110

She also weighed in at a healthy 11 pounds. We go back in 3 months for retesting. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Looks like we've dodged another bullet.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Snuggles and hugs to beautiful Halo!!! Please tell her how happy I am at her fantastic news!

What wonderful news.

Excellent news!

Blessings,
    Mary

Good news Halo!

Catgratulations from the TopCats 1,2 & 3. this is wonderful news. Happy Happy Happy!!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

This is excellent news!!! I hope that she continues to stay healthy now.

That is such great news!!! I'm so happy for you all!

From Decker with Love