Thread: My Poor Chance Please!

My Poor Chance Please!

not all of my ark (6 cats) have recovered from poisoning accident yet and having chance running around frantically trying to go.. this time, has blood in his urine - dripping it everywhere around, crrrying.

I took him to emergency this morning, the entire hospital was full with large emergencies (two bleeding sheeps, one horse and two dogs) and also two vets were out sick... they couldn't do my chance, had me taken him back.
    they told me just to keep an eye on him, try soak him into a warm water and come back tomorrow or the day after tomorrow....

please, please spare a prayer for my dear chancie that he'll be okay! as some of you remember, he has been doing so good since his IBD issues, no blood in poo-poos.

meanwhile, doing more searches on blood-in-urine, can please or anyone know who and help me, tell me what could this be? why (the possiblity of causes) and home-treatments I can do for now? could this be by food too? help.

merly a hug,
    ..helpless chance & I!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Prayers for Chance that it isn't anything serious and that he will be well soon. Poor Baby! I don't know of any home remedies, but I am sure that someone out there can give you some advice. Please keep us updated!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

back now, with a little update for you. I don't feel like updating his words in my own words but I've finally got an email from doctor coast three days ago (who just had a surgery himself) - never got to take my little chance to the vet office because no doctor could see us and we only had two days left before I went off on the roadtrip from west to east.

what happened seems was okay with doctor coast and chance is acting perfectly ever so - none has happened again since I started this thread - see his saying below ..

If Chance is only occasionally having blood in the urine then I am not too worried about it. There are quite a few cats with what we call "feline lower urinary tract disease". We don't really know what causes it but typically it is a happy, healthy cat that occasionally has blood in the urine. It can be controlled sometimes with special diets but it is not unusual for cats that have FLUTD to have this problem periodically for years. If he is straining to urinate and it is painful then sometimes we will use medication to make the cat more comfortable, but as long as they are able to urinate it is more of a nuisance than a serious medical problem. The official recommendation is that if there is blood in the urine once in a while and no other problems we don't worry about it. If it is constant bloody urine, the cat is very painful when they urinate or they are unable to urinate then we need to see them to check things out. It is a very frustrating disease since we don't really know what causes it.

..does all of this sounds ok?

oh and I don't know if this person want its username appear here because we have talked through PMs, suggested me to try some cranberry extract capsules for chance along, prevent crystals as well if they have not formed a plug in urinacy tract already. but he seems okay and is going in litterbox fine lately, I'd want to take him to the vet as soon as I can anyway.

thank you, sorry for the delay.

rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Glad to hear that Chance is doing better and the vet doesn't think it is much to be concerned with at this point. I hope he continues to enjoy good health with no more problems.

I've heard about the Cranberry Capsules too. Probably wouldn't hurt to try that.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Glad to hear that Chance will be OK!!! That must be a big relief for you!!
    Nine is Fine!!