Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo needs PT prayers

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Halo needs PT prayers

Halo needs all the PT prayers she can get. She had x-rays taken yesterday. Today the vet called with the news that there appears to be a tumor in her intestinal tract and a golf-ball size tumor on or next to her liver. We will be meeting with the vet again tomorrow to look at treatment options.

This 3-year old girl has been a joy in our life. She has helped heal our broken hearts when we lost Kuhio. She is the sweetest, most kindest kitty I've ever known. There is not a mean bone in her body. Please keep her in your prayers. And give your kitties an extra special hug tonight.

Last edited by kuhio98; 03-12-2008 at 08:50 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Oh my.
    Prayers for a good outcome for/from treatment options.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Well if each hug can count as a prayer for Halo's good health, then you just got 26. Plus all the prayers I too can send her way.

Prayers flying to you and Halo on angelwings. All fingers, toes, whiskers and paws crossed for a good outcome and successful treatment. You can bet I will give my girls extra special hugs tonight and I am sending an extra special hug to you and Halo.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Michelle & the girls

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Prayers for Halo on the way!

Lots of prayers and good thoughts on the way for Halo!

From Decker with Love

I'm so sorry to hear about little Halo. What a sweet girl she is. My good thoughts and prayers are on thet way. Please let us know what the vet says.

Yes, I've given Max and Speckles some extra loving and like you, I treasure each day that I have them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Blog Entries

Halo

Halo, this is Sasha the Cat. I understand the situation 100%. You have me pulling for you and my purrents, KatMa & Paw-Paw too.

Hang in there, beautiful girl. Pray to the great Goddess Cat Bastet for her help.

Purrrs,
    Sasha

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Oh, I am so sorry! I just saw this. I pray that Halo will be all right and that you will have many more years with her. I hope that your meeting will go well and that the vet will have many favorable options for you.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Sending best healing thoughts to little Halo

Halo needing prayers

Oh my you little adorable Halo. So hope we can have treatment for this. My girls send lots whisker kisses & prayeres & hugs.. Be sure to update us on the next Vet visit..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Puddy says to "hang in there and trust" and what Puddy says, goes! My fur posse and I are all rootin' for ya.

Blessings,
    M

Many Healing Vibes for Halo!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Halo Update

Well, we met with the vet today. Dr. Townsend first showed us the x-ray of a "normal" cat. There was a big difference when we then looked at Halo's. First of all, there really isn't a tumor in her intestines (I evidently misunderstood Dr. Townsend's wonderful Italian accent). But, even though her intestines were free of food, the appeared to be thick and swollen compared to the other cat's. The tumor on her liver was very noticeable. It is about the size of a golf ball and is on the left side.

The bloodwork indicates several problems. I'm sorry, but I managed to block out all the awful, medical terminology, but I was in too much shock. Two of her liver readings were very high (indicating some sort of problem) so obviously the tumor is causing problems. In addition, an enzyme in her blood was so off the charts that they ran the test twice to confirm it. The enzyme indicates that Halo's body is attacking her own muscle tissue. She is quickly losing muscle tone and mass.

We have noticed that Halo is "uncertain" about jumping up onto something. She makes several attempts before she really tries. It's like she doesn't have any spring in her back legs.

We asked Dr. Townsend what he would do if Halo was his kitty. He suggested we do nothing for now. We will take her back in a month for more blood tests and more x-rays to see if anything has changed. Dr. Townsend is giving chemo to his own dog. So, he knows about cancer. He's not willing to talk about that now for Halo. Which either means that he doesn't think it's cancer or he thinks it is but feels that it's too far advanced to treat. I confess, I didn't try very hard to pin him down because I was afraid of an awful answer.

Once the shock wears off, I'll ring him up and ask more questions. She's only 3 years old. It doesn't seem fair that she's been through so much already.

Halo? Oh, she's fine and dandy. Rolling around in her cat nip. Eating and drinking well and being her usual sweetly, shy self.

Thank you for your prayers. I'll update you when I know something.
    Love, Lisa

Last edited by kuhio98; 03-12-2008 at 08:50 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I am so sorry that the news isn't better. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}