Thread: ice cubes?

ice cubes?

So with the heat we've been having, I've been watching how much water the boys drink. It seemed to me that it wasn't very much, and I wondered if maybe it was too warm for them or something. One day, while Don was in the kitchen with me, I thought I'd try and put an ice cube in one of their water dishes, just to see......... Don LOVED it. I mean, he played with it in his bowl, licking it, nudging it around the bowl with his nose, and when it had melted, he drank lots of water. Great huh? Well, he begs for it now, and Bob has gotten in to it (what you give one you have to give the other, otherwise much hissing and spitting ensues), and Bob will actually take his ice cube in to the living room and bat it around like one of his mice!!!!!!!

So weird!

Glad to hear your keeping your babies cool. I do the same thing for my furbabies. It's been quite hot recently and when my girls were in their run outside their water was getting warm. So I popped in a few ice cubes to keep it cool for them. They seem to like it. Twinkle also likes to scoop them out a have a play, but cannot work it out when it melts!!

Nicki x

Thanks manda_moo87 for my siggy

Lightning LOVES to bat ice cubes around! In summer, whenever he hears the door to the freezer open, he comes running in and begs for one!
    Lightning theSuperCat!

"A recent study says that over 100% of all cats are nuerotic. That estimate is probably on the low side"

"Most cats need 24 hours of sleep a day. Many cats need more than that"

I tried that with CJ too, but he wasn't interested at all. For him its the toilet or the kitchen sink for a drink. Forget that lowly cat bowl.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

THNAKS,FOR THE TIP,ICE WILL BE,IN THE FOUND CAT WATER BOWLS,TODAY!!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Our 3 come a running when they hear the ice machine, and then they get very upset if they don't get an ice cube!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Ice cubes

Hi! Not too long ago I put an ice cube in Groucho's water dish and he promptly refused to drink at all. Silly boy, we have to constantly check his water dish because if ANYTHING, even a piece of food is in his water he refuses to drink.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE