Thread: Presents

Presents

We have just moved house, we have two female desexed cats, one is 15 years old and the other is 5 years old. They have settled in very well, but they are not my problem. The cat that lives at the house at the back of ours feels very at home in our garden and comes to visit our house several times a day. Our oldest cat is very timid and runs away whenever she hears the cat from next door at the window, but our younger one snarls and grows, but is fascinated and sits at the window, and even head buts the window whenever the cat from the back visits. The cat from the back actually bangs on our windows too and has recently even brought pigeons to our door. Is this cat displaying aggresive signals to our cats, or is it trying to be friendly? Should I discourage these visits, how do I do that? Or will they all get to love each other? My cats do not ever go outside.

First of all: to Pet Talk!!

I think that this other cat is trying to earn your trust! Bringing you her "prey" is a pretty clear sign!Does this cat have an owner?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

The bringing of prey is courting/nurturing behavior.... it could be towards you, the cats, or whoever used to live there.

I'd spend some time withe the cat and see if it has a home because it certainly seems as if it wants to be part of your household...

Originally posted by barncat
    I'd spend some time withe the cat and see if it has a home because it certainly seems as if it wants to be part of your household...
    I think that is wise too. I don't believe for a second it is an aggressive behavior. He/she is seeking your acceptence.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Re; Presents

The cat from the back is a Devon Rex and seems very well looked after. I have not yet got close enough to see if it's a boy or girl. Thanks for your advice we will keep an eye on it in regards to it possibly being without a home. We are certain that it does have a home though because it gets along well with the two dogs from the back.

He probably just wants to welcome your cats to the neighborhood!