Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charge!!!

Charge!!!

I've been so broke for so long... today I sorta snapped.

Today's my 4th anniversary and I decided to walk over to the outlets and see if they had anything I could get as a gift to hubby. They have a huge culinary store, and I found the perfect gift for a so-so price. I could have gotten the same thing at Bed Bath & Beyond for a similar price on sale.

Leaving the culinary store, I noticed a HUGE sale at the Aigner outlet.... $68 shoes for $20!!! Woohooo!! I saw several pairs I'd love to have, but being cautious I chose the one pair I fell in love with... the heal is comfy, they are sleek and can be worn with ANY of my work clothes.

The best part? TOE CLEVAGE! Gosh I miss shoes with toe clevage. It was out of style for so long. Best part #2? They are for work, so its a Business Expense!

Then I decided since I was shoping for me, I might as well shop!
    So I stopped at the clothing outlet and found a $58 skirt for $9! A $35 white sweater for $5 (ok, so it has a dopey sweater material bow on the neckline... its getting yanked off!) I know the prices were real too... the skirt I bought for $9? I'd had my eye on it for nearly a year! Almost fell over when MY size and MY color was still there!

So now I'm sitting here feeling oh-so guilty over spending so much money on clothing and shoes

BUT hubby saw me trying on the skirt to figure out what in my closet works with it, and he LOVED it. He NEVER comments on my clothing unless its something amazingly nice or pathetically bad. He said I should wear it out to dinner tomorrow night (we're doing anniversary dinner tomorrow night since my daughter had a soccer game tonight)

Sorry for the gushing... I'm so excited. I know I can't afford it right now, but I did it anyway.

You go girl! And Happy Anniversary!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

this man is a keeper.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Retail therapy is ALWAYS OK!!! And on sale??? You did wonderfully!!!

Enjoy your anniversary! You deserve it, Kim!

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Yay Happy anniversary
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

What proper lady can't shop on her anniversary? Happy anniversary!

Steph and Jes

I work in a women's retail clothing store- you did good! Enjoy looking great!

Nothing like a bit or retail therapy.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Those shoes are great! They look a lot like the pair I have my eyes on here...unfortunately, they're way more than $68. Ugh, I hate brand names.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Hmmm.. I never need an excuse to go shopping! You did GREAT Kim! The shoes are awesome! It's the BEST high to get great stuff on sale! Better yet, when your better half says you look terrific! Happy Anniversary! Walk Proud in your new duds!

I've been Boooo'd!

Oh, I wish there was a retail shop around here too...! You've so much great stuff for so little money!!
    Happy 4th anniversary Kim, you found the perfect way to celebrate
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Of course you needed to shop, you always have to by yourself a present on a special occassion!! Enjoy your dinner and know that you will be looking fabulous!! I love those shoes!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Happy anniversary! I know it's tough to buy yourself things when money is tight, but every once in a while is ok You deserve it!

Thanks everyone! I went through my whole wardrobe last night. I have three piles - Keep, Trash and Donate. The stuff I am donating is stuff I still wear but have worn for YEARS. I'm tired of looking at them.

I trashed some khakis that are my mainstay during the cold weather months.... so I'm heading over to the outlets again today to see if they have them on sale. They usually have them for $10. BUT we're moving into the fall season and they might have them for $20 just because they can get away with it (and the khakis I'm talking about are Lee khakis that are normally $40 in the malls)

Going through my wardrobe, I felt for sure I'm a candidate for the TV show "What Not to Wear" and those two fashionistas will come popping out of my closet "Surprise! We want to give you a makeover because you're so hopelessly out of fashion!"

Originally posted by catnapper
    Going through my wardrobe, I felt for sure I'm a candidate for the TV show "What Not to Wear" and those two fashionistas will come popping out of my closet "Surprise! We want to give you a makeover because you're so hopelessly out of fashion!"
    I think I'd be with you on that! I am a tee shirt or sweatshirt and jeans kinda gal. I have to be comfortable...I don't worry that much about style!