Thread: "Bumples"

"Bumples"

Good Morning!

After lurking on CatoftheDay.com for longer than I can remember, I decided to come out of lurk just so I could share the word my husband and I came up with to convey that truly perfect gesture that cats use when they like you, are glad to see you, declare you to be their own OR, when the little dickens want something aka the "head butt". Instead of saying that--which we find a little coarse--we call it a "bumple".

And our big lummox of a fur kid kitty is doing that to me right this very minute because he wants to go outside to be eaten by a coyote or a couger or a raccoon but I'm on to his wiles. He never bumples me unless he wants something because he's Daddy's boy through and through and I'm just the can opener and the poop scooper. In addition to being one of the most beautiful cats I'ver ever seen, he's a heart breaker. But, hey. He's a cat. Sigh.

I can still admire his great beauty and be his personal slave. I'm content with the scraps of his love. ; )

Bumples to You All,

Lisa

Bumples!! Love it!

No more lurking eh?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Welcome, Lisa!!! I like the "bumples." Lightning rubs my nose more then a head butt-more like a eskimo kiss. We call them "kitty smooches"

OR, when the little dickens want something
    Besides "Hello" and "You smell good-where have you been???", That's about the only reason he does it. I taught him-I actually taught him to DO something!-to give me a kitty smooch when he wants a kitty treat.
    Lightning theSuperCat!

"A recent study says that over 100% of all cats are nuerotic. That estimate is probably on the low side"

"Most cats need 24 hours of sleep a day. Many cats need more than that"

Welcome! We'll look forward to seeing your kitty soon. Hope you like it here.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Good morning to you too and a very warm welcome to Pet Talk. I'm Vickie but I prefer to be called Slick and I live near Vancouver, BC, just over the border from you. I'm owned by two furkids myself. Max the Persian is 12 and Speckles the Tabby is 18 and yes, I'm their purrrrsonal slave too.

Your furkid sounds beautiful and I would love to see a picture of him. What is his name? Bumple? Just love the "bumples" and I've added it to our "Furminology Dictionary" that you can view here.

http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread....32#post1222332

Again, welcome.
    Pssst, I see we are the same age....
    Last edited by slick; 08-11-2005 at 09:36 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

WELCOME,TO PET TALK,FROM THE FOUND CATS HOTEL,THE STARRY PORCH CATS,THE STARRYS,THAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE,TO REHOME,AND OF COURSE,OUR ANGELS,THAT HAVE GONE ON,BEFORE US,SO THEY CAN FIND US,NICE PLACES,TO STAY,AND WONDERFUL PLACES,TO EAT.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Welcome and I hope you stay around and post more often!
    Bumples,
    Debbie

Hi and Welcome to PT!! Bumples!!! What a great word!

Hope to hear more from you and see pictures of your beautiful boy!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Welcome to PT! I hope we can see soon many pics of your big furkid.
    I am also owned by a big furbaby named Peppito, and he is also the most beautiful cat I've ever seen

Welcome to PT! A Fun place to be! As you can tell, we all LOVE pictures so we will pester you for pictures... You should "share" the beauty of your baby here and enjoy the beauty of ours!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I love it! And you're right, it does sound so much more serene and calming than head butts.

Welcome!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aww! Bumples! I LOVE it!

My Mitzi also does pawsie tap-taps when she wants attention. When she gets a little rambunctious and wants to do more than a bumple, she does what I call "Mitzi Up-Up's" She bumples but because she's so small, she has to jump up to make sure she makes a connection. It's hard to explain, but it's SO cute when she does it. ... only on PT

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

LOVE "Bumples"!!! So cute and perfect for my dantier kitties.

Great word!

Welcome to PT!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Meow! So many responses and such a warm welcome

I will see if my husband can dig out at least one, maybe more, pictures of our BOY cat Sarah to share with you all. As I mentioned, he won't have hardly anything to do with me (I just got hissed at for having the gall to ask him to move so I could partially lay down for some laptop 'puter time. Silly me! I could have sworn it was on my side of the bed, too.) so my husband and his personal love slave gets all the good pictures. Now, to just get him to slow down enough to do this for us all ; )

Sarah is a medium haired beauty in summer but in winter, when we adopted him from the Seattle Animal Control Shelter (Thanks Pet Finder!), he has about a mile of lush, gorgeous fur and they miss-sexed him, our vet missed it and until he was knocked out and shaved to be spayed because the shelter gave us 30 days to produce proof we had it done, we all thought we had a very big girl on our hands. She got a new name from us and we used it around her about every 30 seconds so she'd get it. "She" got it very well, of course because he's a very intelligent cat and we decided we just didn't want to introduce any more chamges in his life at that point.

Now, he comes to "Mr. Sare, Moopety Boop. The Moopster, Baby Boy, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Bumpkin Boy, Sweet Boy and Our
    Guy". Lordy, How do we come up with these things??!

Oh, and, to the Vancouver, BC writer, as it happens my husband is a Canuck and we lived in North Van and Coquitlam the first 12 years of our marriage . So, does this mean we're related? ; )

Welcome, welcome and love the 'bumples' word! I've learned a lot of new words since I got here...scritches, head bumpies, bumples, airplane ears (one of my favorites), pee biscuits and many more.

It's a fun place to be and the people here are super! The pets aren't bad, either!!

I understand your position...I'm in the same boat. Our two boys ADORE their pawpie, but I'm the slave to them and once in a while I'll get a head bumpie. If I call them, they run to him, well you get the picture!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I