Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bully sticks

Bully sticks

I don't give my dogs rawhide and have been hesitant to give them bully sticks too (especially since I just found out where they come from! ) Anyway, I was just buying dog food and there were some near the check out at the pet store and I caved in and bought two. You would think I gave them filet mignon. How is this for two happy dogs! Does anyone else give their dogs bully sticks and, if you do, do you know where they come from?

Oh, please excuse the fan on the floor. It is from a couple of weeks ago when we weren't having heat wave after heat wave and could open the windows a little. I keep hoping one of these days to be able to use it again......maybe by October or November.

haha thats cute.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Well, they sure do look happy. Okay, I am afraid to ask...so where do bully sticks come from? Wait...maybe I don't want to know.

Bully sticks are, well, made from a bull's penis. Since they are like a doggy pacifier, we love to give them to our poodle girls ( hiya, Pam.) They are kept occupied until the last scrap of...pizzle is gone! LOL! The clerk of our local pet store always laughs at me because I go through the box looking for the biggest ones!

lol

thats kinda gross

BTW I love your poodles! can we see more pics?

Do you groom them youself? I want a standard I enjoy grooming them at work they always look so elegant

Yes, I have heard of bully sticks i did know what they were made of. I have never bought my fur kids one but i think i will. My 3 would probably go nuts over them. I have heard they smell really bad. Do they? Your kids sure seem to be loving them. Cute picture!

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

They do smell REALLY bad, but oh, how Beenie loves them.
    It it kind of strange to think you are feeding your doggie a dried out pipi!

Originally posted by Kosy
    Bully sticks are, well, made from a bull's penis. Since they are like a doggy pacifier, we love to give them to our poodle girls ( hiya, Pam.) They are kept occupied until the last scrap of...pizzle is gone! LOL! The clerk of our local pet store always laughs at me because I go through the box looking for the biggest ones!
    oh yuckie

Yep they love em' (and yep, I know what they are ).

They go wild over them and pigs ears!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

My dogs love bully sticks.
    I know where they come from. I'm not sure if I just don't think they are gross or if I am just so used to giving them those sort of things. lol My dad used to be a butcher so our dogs always got plenty of stuff like that.
    My dogs get a lot of meat type items, raw bones, pigs feet (sometimes even the legs) pig tails, cows feet (the WHOLE foot, hoof, ankle & all) etc... etc...
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

We love them. Instead of purchasing them from the Pet Store where the prices are outrageous, I buy them off EBay. I get 25 of the 12 inches for around 35 or 40 dollars. Same quality and the ebay store we buy them from , the owners are very nice. Jake and Zoe always get an extra treat in the box.

never heard of bully sticks before but I've heard of pizzles.. so that's what they are

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Originally posted by Puppy_Love4
    oh yuckie
    ditto! lol
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Originally posted by Kosy
    Kosy thanks for explaining and I would look for the biggest ones too! LOL! By the way folks, Kosy is a friend of mine with THREE poodles, two beautiful standards and a little black mini like my Ripley. Maybe if we beg she will post a picture or two.

I haven't noticed any odor with the bully sticks at all. I did notice an awful smell when I bought them hooves once. I don't even know what kind of hooves they were but they were awful!

muddy4paws, yes I do groom my poodles myself. I have sent Bella to the groomer occasionally but stopped several months ago for a couple of reasons. The bathing is the worst part if you ask me. I really do enjoy grooming them.

ozzy was givin one by a friend I visited while on Vacation.
    he loved it and it kept him occupied for quite some time.

people say they stink horribly but I didnt notice any smell at all.

If I can find somewhere around here to get some, i'm definately going to get em for my dogs