Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quack! Said Jerusha

Susan (Avajoy) sent me a copy when this thread originally started. I think I can get my hands on it and mail it to you. Please send me a PM with your name and address and I will gladly copy it and send you what I have, but it might be a week or so before I can do it as I am going out of town for part of the week.

Please understand that the copy I have is a Xerox type copy, not an original.

Logan

Quack Said Jerusha

HI There!!! I am SO excited!!! I have been searching for the book that contains Mildred Merryman's 'Quack', Said Jerusha' also. I have a copy that I received from my grandmother when I was 4. It is packed away and I would very much like to find a second one for my g'babies! We love Jerusha!

One morning when Jerusha woke
    she took her perky leg
    And gave a sort of 'pokey-poke'
    and pushed away her egg.
    And as she stepped from out
    her shell
    And looked around for luck,
    "QUACK! said Jerusha,
    I seem to be a duck!"

Like the earlier poster on this forum, this too has been one of my favorite poems all of my life. My book is yellowing and a bit fragile, so that is why I am looking for a second one that I can use with my g'babies. If any of you know where I may find one, please let me know.
    Thanks so much for any help.
    <>< Lee

quack said jerusha

I am still looking for this book. Where are you BSC? Please reply! Susan

Quote Originally Posted by BSC
    I sell children's books. I currently have 5 copies of the 1950s Whitman book which contains the poem: Quack said Jerusha. I know that these are old posts but just in case someone is still interested there are books out there. In 12 years of dealing in children's books, I have only seen two softbound copies of the story in a book alone.

Many Thanks

There is one listed on eBay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Childrens-Storie...QQcmdZViewItem

Not 100% sure if it's the same book, but may be worth $3 plus shipping to find out! (Or maybe send a message to the seller and ask if the poem you are looking for is in the book).

There is also a copy listed here for $45 but the story is listed as "Quack said Joshua"

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I sent you a PM, Susan. I can't believe that after all of this time, I can't put my hands on the copy of it that I had. As soon as I locate it, I will make a copy and send it to you. But in the meantime, if you can buy the real thing, I'm sure you'd rather do that.

Logan

quack said jerusha

Hi Logan, Thanks so much for thinking of me. I am still trying to buy the book, but it proves to be difficult. I thought the posting by BSC, who owns a bookstore and says they have copies of the book was great, but I never heard back from them.

Hi Ally Cat's Mommie, Not the same book: Children's Stories, but thanks for trying.

Thank you everyone, Susan

Now I am sorry that I didn't answer the thread earlier because my favorite used books website, www.zvab.com had it several times. Now they don't have it anymore but I suggest you check it out- it coordinates the offers of worldwide antique bookshops - I found already so many books over it and if it's not there, check again in a month or so.

"Quack!" said Jerusha

AvaJoy, were you ever sent a copy of the children's story "Quack!" said Jerusha? If so, would it be possible to get a photo copy from you? I will be happy to pay for your time and expenses. I also loved this story as a little girl and have been searching for my own copy. Many thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feliz
    AvaJoy, were you ever sent a copy of the children's story "Quack!" said Jerusha? If so, would it be possible to get a photo copy from you? I will be happy to pay for your time and expenses. I also loved this story as a little girl and have been searching for my own copy. Many thanks!!
    Yes, I have the book this poem is in . . . I sent you a PM . . . did you not receive it?
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I also have been looking for the story 'Quack! said Jerusha' for many years...and also named my duck (in 1957) after her. The illustrations were lovely of this duck with a bandana on her head. If anyone has a copy, can scan a copy or sell me a book, I also would be grateful!
    -n

Do you have this book??

Quote Originally Posted by AvaJoy
    Yes, I have the book this poem is in . . . I sent you a PM . . . did you not receive it?

I just now found this thread on the internet after searching for YEARS for this poem Quack! Said Jerusha. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to sen/sell/scan a copy for me? You cannot believe how many children's books I have searched over the years in hopes of finding the story of this adorable and well beloved duck.

PM me if you are still looking for this poem. I do not go online every day as my schedule does not permit, but I will get back to you.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I sell children's books. I currently have 5 copies of the 1950s Whitman book which contains the poem: Quack said Jerusha. I know that these are old posts but just in case someone is still interested there are books out there. In 12 years of dealing in children's books, I have only seen two softbound copies of the story in a book alone.

Many Thanks
    I too am looking for a copy of this book. If you still have any please let me know. Many thanks.

Jerusha duck children's book

Many Thanks
    I too am looking for a copy of this book. If you still have any please let me know. Many thanks.

quack said jerusha

Hello, I was never able to receive an answer from BSC, who is the book dealer that said he had 12 copies. If you ever do find a copy, please let me know. Thanks, Susan Billstrom