I am on a quest and hope maybe someone can help . . .

If anyone knows the words or can locate this children's poem for me I shall be eternally grateful!

It is called "Quack! Said Jerusha" written by Mildred Plew Merryman in the 1930's. Quite a lengthy poem about the charming experiences of a duckling upon breaking out of her shell. It was a favorite of mine as a little girl and I remember my Mother reading it to me many times over. I've had no luck finding anything on the internet. I have a feeling it was within a book of other nursery rhymes by various authors, which makes my search even more difficult . . .

It had such an impact that later in life when I had a pet duck (I hatched her myself in a little mail-away plastic incubator) I named her Jerusha. She imprinted on me as her mom and followed me everywhere. When she reached maturity I set her free to live on a farm with other duckies; last I heard she was happily sitting on a nest of eggs . . . this was many, many years ago.

Well, PetTalk people are the greatest, so I'm keeping my paws crossed that somebody will come through on this mission of mine . . . pretty please??