Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Puzzle 117 Solve the puzzle _and_ guess the theme animal!

Puzzle 117 Solve the puzzle _and_ guess the theme animal!

Puzzle 117 Solve the puzzle and guess the theme animal!

Here are the rules:

1. You may only guess one character (letter or number) at a time.

2. After you have guessed a character, you must wait for another player to guess before you can go again.

3. The host of the game responding to a guess does not count as a turn. Should you choose a character, then receive a response from the member host, you must wait for the next member to guess.

4. One point will be awarded for each correct character, 2 points for vowels.

5. Only six misses are allowed in the game.

6. If you wish to guess the phrase, send it to me via Pet Talk personal email. [This is accessible via the 'PM' or 'Profile' buttons on any of my posts.]
    DO NOT post it on the forum. If you wish to guess a letter, post it on the forum.

7. You must have submitted a correct character to submit your solution. Unlike letters, if you submit a wrong solution, you are disqualified from continuing in that puzzle.

8. The player who correctly guesses the phrase wins the game. If no one has guessed it correctly after six misses, then the player with the most points wins the game.

And here is what you win...you get to create the next puzzle. (Should you win the game, and do not care to host the next puzzle, you may pass your puzzle play to the member with the next highest points)

Here is the puzzle:

---- ------ -- - ----, -----_-------, ------ -------- ------. -- -- --- ------- -- ------ ----_------ -------, ---- - ----. -------- ----- --- --- ----- ----- ------- --- -- --- ----- ---. ----- ------- ---- ----- -- --- ----- -------, ---------: ----- ----, ----- --- --- ------ ----. ---- ------- ---- --- ---- ------ ----------- ------- ----- -------- -------- -- ----- ---. --- ------- ------ -- ----- ----- ---- ------, ----, ------ --- ----- -------. --- ------ ------- -----, ----- -- -----, --- ---- - ------- ----- ---. -------- ------ ------- --------- --- --- ---. ---- --- -- --- ----- -------------. ---- --- -- ----- -- ---------, ----------, --- ------ -- ------ --- ----- -- ----. ---- --- ---- -- -- -- -----, ----- -,--- _ --,--- ------ -- ---- - ---, -- ----- ---- --% -- --------. --- ---- -------- -----, -- -------, ----, -----, -----, -----, --- -----. - ---- -------- - --- -- ----- ------ ---- ------- --- --- ------ -- -- --- -- ------- -- ----------.

Characters (Letters/Numbers) left to guess:
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Score:
    None yet. Good Luck !!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Addendum info re. Puzzle 117

P.S. I know it's unusual to include numbers on these puzzles -- at first I was going to spell them out, then decided to modify the format slightly. Let's try it and see.

P.P.S. The article I extracted from is in one type of units. I plan to convert it to make this more universal once enough of the puzzle's exposed to not give away too many letters. (And, to give me time to look up conversion tables to see how to convert them. It's been a while.)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

"e" please
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

A for me please...........so if someone were to guess the puzzle, the puzzle i assume is the clues to the theme animal, and guess the animal........they win? sounds easy enough............GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

"i" please
    The Deli Dog

Wahoo! Our first customer is -- DeliDog!!!

Here is the puzzle:

---- ------ -- - ---e, -----_-----e-, ------ -----e-- ------. -- -- --e ----e-- -- e----- ----_----e- -------, ---- - ----. --e----e ----- --- --- ----- ----- ------- --- -- --e ---e- ---. --e-e ------- -e-e -ee- -- --e ----- -------, --e------: ----- ----, ----- --- --e -----e ----. --e- e----e- ---- --e e-e- ----e- --e-------- ------- ----- ---e--e- -------- -- -e--- ---. --e ------- ----e- -- --e-- -e--- --e- E----e, ----, ------ --- ----- --e----. --e ---e-- ------- ---e-, ----- -- -----, --e --e- - ------- -e--- ---. -------- -e---e e------ --------- --e --e --e. --e- --e -- --e ---e- ---------e---. --e- --- -e ----- -- ---------, ----------, --- ---e--- -- ------ --- ----- -- ----. --e- --- ---e -- -- -- -e---, -e--- -,--- _ --,--- ------ --- ----- -_-- -ee- -- --e ------e-. -- --e ----, --e- --e-- --- -- --e-- --- ------- --- ----, -ee---- ---_--- ------ -- ---- - ---, -- ----- ---- --% -- ---e--e-. --e --e- ------e- -----, --ee ------e, ----, -----, -e---, -----, --- -----. - -e-- --e---e- - --- -- --e-- -----e ---e ------- --- --- -----e -- -- --- -- ---e-e- -- ------e-e-.

A B C D F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Score:
    DeliDog E (95) = 190 points !!!

Good Luck !!!

Oopsie -- need to get faster at posting my updates. Be right back!

Goodie, goodie, goodie!!!

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    may I have an "S" please

may i have an "o" please
    The Deli Dog

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I'll guess I'll take a "W" please...there now they can both be happy because I used part of their names

Must go faster! (Love that movie ... both of 'em!)

Here is the puzzle:

--i- a-i-a- i- - ---e, --i--_--i--e-, a----- -ai--e-- -a--a-. I- i- --e -a--e-- -- e--a-- ----_----e- a-i-a--, -i-- a ----, --e-i--e ----- a-- --- i---- ----- ----i-- --- -- --e ---e- -a-. --e-e a-i-a-- -e-e -ee- i- --e -i--- ---a--i, --e-a-i--: ----- ----, ----- a-- --e -----e ----. --e- e----e- ---- --e e-e- -a--e- --e-i----i- -a----- --i-- a--ea-e- -i--i--- -- -ea-- a--. --e -a----- --a-e- i- --ea- -e--- --e- E----e, A-ia, A--i-a a-- ----- A-e-i-a. --e ---e-- -a----- ---e-, ----- i- I--ia, a-e --e- - -i--i-- -ea-- ---. -a------ -e-a-e e--i--- ------i-- --e I-e A-e. --e- a-e i- --e ---e- -------i-ea--. --e- -a- -e ----- i- -----a---, --a---a---, a-- ---e--- i- A--i-a a-- -a--- -- A-ia. --e- -a- -i-e -- -- -- -ea--, -ei-- -,--- _ --,--- ------ a-- --a-- -_-- -ee- a- --e ------e-. I- --e -i--, --e- --e-- ---- -- --ei- -a- ----i-- --- ----, -ee-i-- ---_--- ------ -- ---- a -a-, -- --i-- ---- --% i- -i-e--e-. --e -ie- i-----e- --a--, --ee ---ia-e, -a--, --i--, -e---, -----, a-- ---i-. A -e-- a-e-a-e- - --- i- --ei- -i---e -i-e -a--i-- --- -a- --a--e a- -- --- i- a--e-e- -- --i---e-e-.

B C D F G H J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Score:
    DeliDog E (95); I (65) = 320 points !!!
    Bunnicula A (77) = 154 points!!!

Good Luck !!!

And to think there for a while no one was posting guesses!

Re: Must go faster! (Love that movie ... both of 'em!)

Here is the puzzle:

--is a-i-a- i- - ---e, --i--_s-i--e-, a--os- -ai--ess -a--a-. I- is --e -a--e-- o- e--a-- -o--_-oo-e- a-i-a-s, wi-- a -o--, --e-i--e s-o-- a-- -wo i-o-- --s-s --owi-- o-- o- --e ---e- -aw. --ese a-i-a-s -e-e see- i- --e -i--s ---a--i, O-e-a-io-: ----o --o-, ----o a-- --e -----e -oo-. --e- e-o--e- --o- --e e-e- -a--e- --e-is-o-i- -a--o-- w-i-- a--ea-e- -i--io-s o- -ea-s a-o. --e -a--o-- -oa-e- i- --ea- -e--s o-e- E--o-e, Asia, A--i-a a-- -o--- A-e-i-a. --e o--es- -a--o-- -o-es, -o--- i- I--ia, a-e o-e- - -i--io- -ea-s o--. -a--o--s -e-a-e e--i--- -o--owi-- --e I-e A-e. --e- a-e i- --e o--e- --o-os-i-ea-s. --e- -a- -e -o--- i- woo--a--s, --ass-a--s, a-- -o-e--s i- A--i-a a-- -a--s o- Asia. --e- -a- -i-e -- -- -- -ea-s, -ei-- -,--- _ --,--- -o---s a-- s-a-- -_-- -ee- a- --e s-o---e-. I- --e wi--, --e- s-e-- -os- o- --ei- -a- -oo-i-- -o- -oo-, -ee-i-- ---_--- -o---s o- -oo- a -a-, o- w-i-- o--- --% i- -i-es-e-. --e -ie- i-----es --ass, --ee -o-ia-e, -a--, -wi-s, -e--s, -oo-s, a-- ---i-. A -e-- a-e-a-es - --- i- --ei- si---e -i-e wa--i-- --- -a- --a--e a- -- --- i- a--e-e- o- --i---e-e-.

B C D F G H J K L M N P Q R T U V X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Score:
    DeliDog E (95); I (65); O (70) = 460 points !!!
    Bunnicula A (77) = 154 points!!!
    Crikit S (53); W (12) = 65 points!

Good Luck !!!

T, please!

"h" please
    The Deli Dog