Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For PetTalk's Fireman Phred

For PetTalk's Fireman Phred

Thought you (and others) might enjoy this...

That's beautiful! Where is that sculpture? Surely not in New Mexico?

That is very beautiful!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

My understanding is that this was part of an ice sculpting competition in Canada. I saw it posted on Jackie's community, and also received it by email from a few people.

It is so touching, and magnificently done.

Logan

Former User Guest
    That is beautiful!!!!!

It brings tears to my eyes, it's so beautiful. I hope who ever made it won!

THANKS, Zipp! ... Story behind Angel & Firefighter Sculpture...

Thanks for finding this wonderful Snow Sculpture of the Angel Comforting the Firefighter.

I did some digging and found some very informative links with details of where the sculpture is (Timmins, Ontario, Canada) and the artist (Darlene Racicot).

Firehouse.com, the Firefighters web site, has front page coverage and two feature pages on the Sculpture...

Firehouse.com, page 1...
    Pix of sculpture, artist, and another view of the sculpture with a human standing beside it - the sculpture is 10 feet tall and 15+ feet wide!

Firehouse.com, page 2.

City of Timmins web site...
    Close-up, detailed shots of the Sculpture.

A quote from the artist...
    She hoped to touch others as, "my husband and I felt really helpless when (Sept. 11) happened.

"We gave blood and donated to a fund, but being this far away what can you do? You wanted to do so much to help, but you can't. This is my way of giving back a little bit, letting them know we're thinking about them here."

The sculpture made a great impression locally as well.

"I've had phone calls like you wouldn't believe, people bringing me things like gift certificates and baking. Everybody who came here to look at it knocked on my door to say how moved and touched they were.

"I was overwhelmed -- I really didn't think it was going to have that much of an impact. I was happy it did, but it was unbelievable."

Ironically, Racicot, who had won first place for a number of years, had thought she'd sit this year's competition out, to allow others their place in the sun. When she saw the picture, she was so moved she felt she had to act on it."

Thanks again, Zipp! I hadn't visited Firehouse.com this week and might not have seen this if it weren't for your thoughtful post.
    On behalf of ALL us firefighters - Thanks for Remembering!
    /s/ Phred, the "Dad" to Cinder & Smokey

the Rescued & Adopted FurKids of *Phred*

Magnificent. Thanks, Zippy!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Wow that is beautiful.

Thank you Zippy - what a wonderful picture.

Phred - we really do remember - in fact , how could we forget?
    I sent a card to the firefighters in New York round Christmas time - NOT a Christmas card - just a card to let them know we still remember and care.

Lynne

Wow...thanks for posting this, Zippy. Living in a hot country, I didn't know that such amazing sculptures are made from the ice. All we see are sand sculptures.
    Thanks, Phred for adding all the details about the links. Very interesting...& touching, too.

By the way, the Australian skater who just won a gold medal at the Winter Olympics says that his ambition now is to become a professional firefighter.

I think ALL firefighters, in every country, should get a gold medal. They're the bravest!
    Marie

It's really beautiful and extrmely touching.

I think ALL firefighters, in every country, should get a gold medal. They're the bravest!
    I agree with this - 100%

Originally posted by SpencerTheLion
    ...for months the billboard at work has a painting posted. Everything is the same as the picture except the fireman is sitting in the rubble of Ground Zero... Does anyone know about that painting?
    Not sure about that one Charles but thought you all might be interested in the images on the following:

www.usa.corporateclicks.com/

They do have some touching pictures. Please view.

Lynne

the TWO Angels & the Firefighter Painting...

Chuck ~

Here's what Firehouse.com and the Timmins paper said about the Snow Sculpture's origin:

"... get her inspiration? It started with an e-mailed image from a friend, a photo of an actual New York fire fighter at ground zero, with an angel digitally added, said Racicot.

"... the artist who's painting of two smaller angels kneeling at the firefighter's knees, had been digitally modified to a new pose in the e-mailed image Racicot based her sculpture on.

The artist, Gray Lineback ([email protected]) also contacted Racicot..." [Firehouse.com]

Chuck might be viewing the first Two Angels and the Firefighter painting or digitally enhanced photo by G Lineback.

And Lynne ~ That http://www.corporateclicks.com site you found is very nicely done. Thanks for posting that one!
    /s/ Phred, the "Dad" to Cinder & Smokey

the Rescued & Adopted FurKids of *Phred*

Originally posted by lynnestankard

www.usa.corporateclicks.com/

They do have some touching pictures. Please view.

Lynne
    Lynne - thank you for sharing this. I especially liked the last illustration showing a fireman and policeman standing in New York City, and the title is "TWIN TOWERS."