Thread: Success is on the horizon!!

Success is on the horizon!!

WOW, the success I'm having with training is FANTASTIC!! I take Romulus on a Wednesday and Brendon takes Digby on a Friday and even outside of training, they're actually LISTENING!!!

We started training about a month ago but obviously these guys have had training before. Now Romulus is at the stage that we are starting off leash heelwork at training and when I walk on leash (anywhere), I can tuck it into my belt and walk HANDSFREE!! These guys make me so proud!!

Oh, congratulations on having such smart doggies!

Well, congratulations to both of you!!! What an accomplishment. Don't let Romulus take all the credit. You have obviously instilled confidence in him and he is completely comfortable with your commands. Good for you!!!

You are experiencing the joy of bonding with your pet. It is the greatest experience of owning a pet that anyone can expect. I recommend obedience training for all dog owners!

Maybe you will be ready for competition soon?

Don't let those trainers take ALL the credit!!!! You did a fantastic job putting in the groundwork and preparing the dogs. You have also done a great job out of class.
    Give yourselves very big pats on the back, pat each others backs!
    I reckon it is around 20% trainer and 80% the work and effort you have put in.
    Well done!

Congrats. That is the most wonderful feeling in the world. It is such a great feeling when your puppy friends are being obedient. Once again be proud of what great results you have produced.

Nicholle

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your wonderful words of encouragement! Those of you who know the story, I have two 3 year old rescue dogs who have been abandoned twice and have recently been diagnosed with dysplasia. Also, when we first got them, they were very bonded to each other and Digby was a self proclaimed pack leader! Needless to say, when we started, we had some very unhappy walks!

Thanks to Carrie, we learnt how to become alpha (even though we couldn't stick to that "awful" advice to ignore my dogs when I came home!!! Really!!! ) and it's wonderful to see now how Romulus runs straight to me and sits square in front of me after a sit stay!!

Thanks again, it's so nice to be able to share with people who REALLY understand!!

HOOOOOORRAAAY!!!

Yippee for Romulus and Digby!!!!! And Gold Stars for you and Brendon!! Keep up the great work gang!!!