Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucas does not get better.

Just so you all know, Lucas is ACTING fine. Eating well. And I have not actually caught him in the act of these new poops on the carpet. But I assume him because he has the reputation.

I separated him the other day and he didn;t poop at all. So I will need to do it again and this time don't give in. He must stay seperate until I see the consistancy of his poop.

Now for the gross part of the update, this last poop was actually mostly HAIR!. Maybe he has been trying to pass hairbass and couldn't?

ewwwww on the hairy poop.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

More cuddles to Lucas! Poor baby!

Last night I kept Lucas in a room by himself. I needed to know if those poops were from him. This morning there were no poops on the floor in the whole house, But YES, there were 2 poops on the floor in Lucas' room. They were soft but firm. Not liquid or gel. So the consistance is getting much better, but the habit of doing it on the floor is not. I can't help but wonder if he still feels bad enough to not wish to use the box.

Heavy sigh!

Lucas is still in our prayers and we are hoping that things will improve soon!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Poor Lucas !!!! I am glad those poops are getting firmer. And maybe it has now become a habit and when he needs to go he just goes where he is cause he figures he isn't gonna make it to the box anyway. Continuing to hold you and Lucas in my thoughts and lots of healing vibes and well wishes.

((((((((((((JEN & LUCAS))))))))))))))))

Michelle & the girls

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

My prayers to you and Lucas, as a matter of fact, for all my fur friends that aren't up to snuff tonight. My heart swells right now, I'm so happy that my Puddy is home. I want everyone to have the relief in their hearts like I do.

Blessings,
    M

I hope your vet can determine the GI problem with poor Lucas soon. Sending thoughts and prayers for a dianosis and recovery soon, Jen. [[[HUGS]]]
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Blog Entries

Lucas

Your Meowmie wrote:
    I am here to tell you I am starting to imagine the worse.
    Mew, Lucas -- please get better!

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

We had a good day today. No poops on the carpet. Usually we find them first thing in the morning, but here it is 6:30 PM and still clean. To me this means Lucas did not feel so bad that he needed to poop on the floor.

Right now he is on Pancreatic enzyme. If his stool firms up I am to slowly wean him off this med. If the stool becomes diarrhea again then we have our answer and he will stay on this med for life. If he either a) does not firm up or b) does not loosen up after stopping the med then the problem lies elsewhere.

The vet said there IS a test that could be run for $120 and a 2 week wait for results, but if the pills work we saved ourselves the time and money.

Let's just see what tomorrow brings. On Wed night I will be separating him again to monitor the firmness of his poop. (no use doing this EVERY day!)

Slow but steady wins the race, right?

Blog Entries
    Lucas, you and I are both counting on that! Delighted to read you feel better today. The Great Cat Goddess Bastet must be listening to your prayers. May this good day go on into become at least 5475 continuous good days for you.

purrrrs from Sasha

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    That's right, Jen. My vet told me once the "balance" is upset, it can take months of this Pancreatic enzyme to get it back in balance. It "usually" doesn't take that long, but it can. So here's hoping slow and steady works for Lucas!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Jen, I'm so glad to hear that Lucas is making slow and steady progress. One day at a time, my dear!

{{{hugs}}}
    xo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Glad to hear that Lucas is making progress. I hope that you will be able to wean him of the enzyme. Good thoughts and prayers continue!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I tried not to look but I just had to. I'm SO glad things seem to be better for Lucas. Reading this forum is like going to a scarey movie and peeking through your fingers. (Well for me,anyway)
    I had a thought, Jen, if the on-carpet pooping continues, could you try spreading some paper around the floor with cat litter on it so at least Lucas gets the idea that the correct place is somehow associated with cat litter? Something about bringing the mountain to Mohammed springs to mind here!
    Either way I hope he continues to make good progress to a full recovery or at least comfortable management for you both. Best wishes.

I'm logging off now, I can't read any more tonight, it makes me feel wretched. Goodnight everyone.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)