Thread: Giant Litter Box ??

Giant Litter Box ??

I was wondering if anyone had any good (less than $50) ideas for a LARGE litterbox for three cats? I don't like the thought of having more than one..... and they do okay with one but I have to clean it twice a day otherwise it's practically full. Also I think the box is too small for bagira to be comfy. I was looking at "Litter Lofts" but they seem weird to me..my friend has one and her cats track a MASSIVE amount of litter from them.. but they are about the size I'm looking for I think. http://store.yahoo.com/litterlofts/index.html
    cats are forever.

Hmmm... three cats, one litter box? Yikes. I had 4 boxes with 3 cats. Won't confess to how many I have now with 7. I scoop a minimal of three times a day. Which actually is good because as I scoop from room to room, I pick up trash and empty trash cans. No trash stays in the house more than 12 hours! LOL

Same here - I have 3 cats and 3 litterboxes. If you only had one (no matter how giant it is) it will forever have to be scooped out so often otherwise your cats are stepping in everything. It can also lead to anxiety if it's not clean enough and your cats may refuse to use it. We learned that the hard way when we tried to downsize to 2, so back to 3 it is.

I have two for four, and I think that's pushing it.

Good luck.

hehe i guess two boxes wouldnt be bad..................I still need a bigger one cuz Bagira isn't fitting into the one I have... and it has to be enclosed cuz it goes in my kitchen - I dont want guests at my house to have to look at it They are using the one i have now - It just has to be scooped out a lot....... I havent found any presents anywhere... I guess I'll do two boxes.

YOU COULD LOOK,TO SEE,IF RUBBERMAID,HAS ANY LOW,WIDE PLASTIC BOXES,WHICH,IS THE MAIN LITTER BOX,FOR THE FOUNDCATS!
    CHECK OUT,CLERANCE CETRES,AND THE SALVATION ARMY,YOU,MAY BE AS LUCKY,AS I WAS,THE CONTAINER,WAS THREE DOLLARS!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I like this one, but I am afraid to spend $50 on it, they have to walk up a ramp and into the box inside the dome. A couple of mine are skittish and I am thinking they might find being that closed in stressfull.

http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store....booda-dome.php

btw I use the white litter crystals, I think that's why I can get away with two for four.....just.

Here is my sandy beach Might work for three kitties as it holds 42 pounds of litter - I scoop at least once daily though.

I have two boxes, one for each cat. A small one for the little cat and a big one for the bigger cat but guess who uses which one? Yep. Big poos poos in the little one and vice versa.

Also I have watched Simon go and he hangs his booty over the edge to the outside sometimes. My Sammy would scratch and hang ten on the edge but his booty was facing inward.*

Also a big box may be too heavy to clean when it gets full to dump the litter.

*Just checked Simom's claws and he has only four so Sammy would hang eight. Dont know why I thought they had five claws??? Never thought about it. LOL

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    Here is my sandy beach Might work for three kitties as it holds 42 pounds of litter - I scoop at least once daily though.
    That is priceless, thanks for the ideas. lol

Originally posted by Shady
    I like this one, but I am afraid to spend $50 on it, they have to walk up a ramp and into the box inside the dome. A couple of mine are skittish and I am thinking they might find being that closed in stressfull.

http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store....booda-dome.php

btw I use the white litter crystals, I think that's why I can get away with two for four.....just.
    This one may be perfect. I have their litter boxes in an unused bathtub and they still scatter the litter on the floor when they jump out. If carpet was on those steps they would have to wipe their paws when they leave. The carpet would collect more of the litter anyway.

I had one of these before - my cats hated it and still managed to get litter outside the box!!! they didnt walk the ramp - they just came from the side and out the hole...

I bought this one, it's a quite larger than what I have now....
    Dimensions are 21.8” x 18” x 18.3”.

Here's something similar that we use at our house. I have 2 litter boxes for 4 cats. I used to keep 3 for 3 and no one would use the 3rd box. So far 2 for 4 is working.
    I guess you'd call me complusive scooper, stuff doesnt stay in the boxes long before I scoop. Probably scoop 3 x 4 times daily. Overnight (while I'm sleeping) is longest it stays in the box.
    I like a clean box they like a clean box. I wouldnt want to potty in a dirty stinky box either.

WalMart and PetSmart carry them in all sizes.

Here's the link to the site of PetMate. Sizes etc.
    litter box

Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor