Thread: Water drinking

Water drinking

Anyone else have this going on with your kitties?

We're having hot summer weather. Don Juan wants to drink water out of a cup. He also drinks water out of a pan soaking in the kitchen sink. Zerlina will drink out of the toilet, if I don't shut the lid. She also drinks out of the bathroom sink. I've taken to putting a metal dish in the sink for water.

Indeed, they will drink water anywhere EXCEPT the nice fresh water I put out in their water dish every morning.

So why is that?

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

LOL... no idea. But they were drinking from MY glass so often that I finally put a glass just for them next to mine. It works like a charm.

My three boys love drinking out of a BIG tall lime green plastic cup my husband keeps his water in. Of course I haven't let Hubby in on this, I just wash the cup before he comes home Maybe it's the whole the grass is greener thing, and they think 'our water' tastes better ? LOL

I suspect it's the "grass is greener" element, too. Don Juan will drink out of MY cup of water or milk.

Did I mention that he also started drinking out of a puddle in the apartment house parking lot, which had SOMETHING making a sheen on the surface? Naturally, I clapped and said "NO!" to stop him. But why on earth would he drink such nasty water in the first place?

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by Don Juan's mom
    Did I mention that he also started drinking out of a puddle in the apartment house parking lot, which had SOMETHING making a sheen on the surface? Naturally, I clapped and said "NO!" to stop him. But why on earth would he drink such nasty water in the first place?
    Because he was thirsty? Seriously, I don't know. Mishi climbs into the tub and licks the water off the sides of the shower curtain and the tub. I'm always afraid he'll ingest some of the cleaners I use, so I'm extra careful to rinse VERY thoroughly. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Fister used to drink TEA out of my cup on the nighttable, but also water a few times. It's not that he didn't have his own water bowl! So after that, I put a glass of water in the bedroom and he's happy. Since he got his drinkwell, I see him drinking from that quite often too. His puddles in the litterbox is also much bigger.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Cats sure can be fickle! Both of mine would much rather drink out of the dog's water bowl than their own. I guess they think that the dog gets something special. My mother has a cat who refuses to drink out of a water bowl. He will only drink straight from the faucet in the bathroom. He jumps on the sink and meows until someone comes in and turns the water on for him. Yes, he's a little spoiled

Cats Drinking

Oh yes cats can be real fickel.. My girls favorite spot is the metal bowls that I have in the bathtub.. After they get a drink then they play with their toys in the bath tub..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Water babies

Bastet drinks out of the toilet too. I think its because she feels the water is *fresher* if mum and dad use it ??!!!

I put water in a *human* bowl now for her - every day she gets fresh water. She has stopped the toilet water drinking habit which is a relief to us
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

water drinking

I actually caught my Felix drinking water out of an indoor water fountain I have, obviously the water is not fresh at all and its got perfumed oil in it too! I scared him off, and haven't caught him doing it again since.

JEN!!!everyone...
    Could you all look at the post on cats kneading? I posted a question the other day and I am curious to read what you all have to say.

Thanks....

As for the drinkers..... I have water bowls EVERYWHERE! I even put ice cubes in them when it's so hot and humid... stupid becasue they are INSIDE babies.

Their water bowls get changed at lease 1-2 times a day.

I think they are all rotten.. and shold be even more so!

Deb