Thread: Introduction #1

Introduction #1

Today was the first "real" time I let the animals see each other. From the start I figured "Kiba won't like him at first, but she'll be easier to work with than him and the dogs!" Knowing Josie, I knew it would be a long battle.

Last night I let Josie sniff "buddy" but I made dad hold her mouth just in case! Today however, I held her collar and let "Buddy" wander around. He went right up to her and rubbed against her. I thought he'd be afraid of her, but no. She got really excited and sniffed like crazy, but that's it. I'm suprised she was so good! I put her on a leash and let her follow him if he went into the hall. If he was in a room I let him do his thing so he wouldn't feel scared...if he was. She followed him and sniffed him. Sometimes she got a little excited with her sniffing and I had to tell her to be gentle. She did. I trust her now with him so long as I have her on leash or and watching them. I wouldn't leave them alone yet.

Zeke came up after. Buddy didn't seem to like Zeke. It's weird that he liked Josie but not Zeke? All he did was arch his back and put his fur up. Zeke was much gentler and just sniffed a little then went back down stairs. That's why it's weird he's afraid of Zeke. Josie is much more aggressive with sniffing and gets right in his face. He just rubs her nose and doesn't mind o__O Where Zeke is more gentle and not inhis face lol.

Anyway, Kiba still hates him. He doesn't seem to mind her though. he hasn't hissed at anyone. Well he hissed once I think at the dogs when he first came in the door. Kiba runs away if he gets too close, so I let them be in the same room, but he had to be on the other side so Kiba could watch him from a safe distance. I wonder how long it will take them?? He loves exploring. EVERYTHING. Even the tops of every shelf/table/drawer

It's so good that he has such a good personality or that he's just use to other animals...either way, it would be A LOT harder if he was freaking out at the other animals. Makes life a little easier for me. I don't think it will take as long as I thought it would for them to get along. It depends on Kiba

Oh he's been sneezing a lot..do you think he's sick?
    Last edited by slleipnir; 08-04-2005 at 01:14 PM.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

IF HE,HAS BEEN SNEEZING,I WOULD GET HIM ,TESTED FOR FIP,RIGHT AWAY,AS YOU DONT WANT,THAT,TO SPREAD,THROUGH,YOUR FAMILY.
    GCK,IS GOING,IN TUESDAY,FOR HIS TESTS,AND THAT,IS THE FIRST TEST,THAT DR MARSLES,WILL DO.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I don't think the HS would put him up for adoption if he had that???

Sounds like everything is going well! It is interesting that Buddy would be afraid of the less aggressive dog and at ease with the more aggressive. Something seems wrong with that picture. Sounds like pretty soon you'll have one big happy family though.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

He is running around on his own right now. Kiba isn't happy, but she is not looking for a fight. The dogs are fine too.

The HS said they didn't test him for FIV...she said she didn't think it was a problem where we live...I'm worried though cause isn't it deadly/pass on to other cats?